Copyright © 2020 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
USB-VGA KVM console extender
with automatic signal compensation, RS232 and audio support, 540 feet
CE750A is a USB (Universal Serial Bus) based KVM extender with automatic signal compensation and RS-232 serial functionality that allows access to a computer system from a remote USB console (USB keyboard, monitor, and USB mouse).
Because it allows access to a computer system from a remote console, CE750A is perfect for use in any type of installation where you need to place the console where it is conveniently accessible, but you want the system equipment to reside in a safe location - away from the dust and dirt of the factory floor, or the harsh environmental influence of a construction site, for example.
CE750A is also useful for control and security purposes, where you can have the system unit in a secure area at the same time that you put the console in the most convenient location for user access. This is ideal for managing highly confidential data systems.
CE750A improves on previous designs by:
- The addition of an RS-232 port, on both the local and remote Units - the RS-232 port on the local unit allows you to connect to a serial terminal for configuration, while the RS-232 port on the remote Unit allows you to connect serial devices such as touch-screens and barcode scanners
- The addition of a dedicated KVM port section on the local unit so you can simply and easily include a KVM switch in your installation
- Using inexpensive CAT-5e cable instead of bulkier, more expensive, standard cables, for a much neater, more convenient, more reliable data transfer connection
- Its ability to sense the distance to the system and automatically adjust the gain accordingly, and
- Featuring a custom ASIC to ensure the utmost in reliability and compatibility.
Further CE750A key features are built-in 8KV/15KV ESD protection and 2KV surge protection, and picture compensation push-buttons on the remote unit to adjust the picture on the remote console.
Setup is as easy as can be - simply connect the computer system box and local console to the local CE750AL unit; run the CAT-5e cable to the remote CE750AR unit (up to 540 feet away); and plug the console into the remote unit.
Features and Benefits
• Local and remote units connect at distances up to 540 feet (200 meters) using CAT-5e cable
• Dual console operation - control your system from both the local and remote USB keyboard, monitor, and mouse consoles
• Built-in ASIC for greater reliability and compatibility
• USB keyboard and USB mouse ports
• RS-232 serial ports - allows you to connect to a serial terminal for configuration (Local Unit) or serial devices such as touchscreens and barcode scanners (Remote Unit)
• Supports stereo speakers and stereo microphone
• USB overcurrent detection and prevention
• Pushbutton operating mode selection (Local Unit only) - select between Local and Auto operating modes
• Built-in 8KV/15KV ESD protection (contact voltage 8KV, air voltage 15KV) and 2KV surge protection
• Adjustable gain control - automatically and manually adjusts signal strength to compensate for distance
• High resolution video - up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz at 30m; 1600x1200 @ 60Hz at 150m; 1280x1024 @ 60Hz at 200m
• Supports VGA, SVGA, SXGA (1280x1024), UXGA (1600x1200), and multisync monitors; local monitor supports DDC, DDC2, DDC2B
• Hot pluggable
• Rack mountable
• Easy to install - no software required, simply connect cables to the devices
• Supports wide screen formats*
1x CE750AL USB KVM Extender (Local Unit)
1x CE750AR USB KVM Extender (Remote Unit)
1x Custom KVM Cable set
2x Power Adapters
1x Mounting Kit
1x User Instructions
* The EDID data for a widescreen is sent from the local video output port. For widescreen modes and displays, connect the monitor to the local video output port or use an ATEN EDID emulator.