Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
4K HDMI single display KVM over IP receiver
Note: Transmitter units are purchased separately
ATEN KE8950 4K HDMI KVM over IP extenders/matrix bring together a unique blend of features and new technologies that offer the ultimate solution for extending computers to consoles on or off your IT infrastructure.
Utilizing expertise in over IP KVM solutions, KE8950 are IP-based HDMI KVM extenders that allow access to a computer system from a remote USB console to anywhere over an intranet. KE8950 KVM over IP extenders support one HDMI monitor at each end, providing a greatly improved video display image with 4K x 2K video resolution (up to 3840x2160).
KE8950 extender consist of a Tx (Transmitter) that connects to a computer and a Rx (Receiver) unit that provides console access from a separate location. The computer is accessed from the remote console via a standard TCP/IP Gigabit network or direct CAT-5e/6 cable connection. This is perfect for any installation where you need to place the console where it is convenient, but you want the computer to reside ina asecure location - away from the keyboard/mouse and display.
KE8950 also support 1Gbps SFP fiber module expansions (sold separately), enabling connections via fiber optic network to extend distances in transmission.
KE8950 extenders have a local on-screen display (OSD) system on the Receiver end to configure both units for easy setup and operation. Both Transmitter and Receiver units have RS-232 ports to to a serial terminal for configuration or serial devices such as touch-screen and barcode scanners.
As a KVM over IP matrix system, KE8950 can make console-to-computer connections in several ways:
• One-to-one (Extender mode)
• One-to-many (Splitter mode)
• Many-to-one (Switch mode), and
• Many-to-many (Matrix mode)
Implementing the KE Matrix Management Software (CCKM) with KE8950, IT administrators receive advanced features functioning as auto detection of all KE series extenders* on the same subnet for the sake of fast installation or configuration, username/password authentication and authorization, and the ability to define different types of connections that can be switched and shared.
Security features also provide extra protection, supporting AES encryption for secured data transmissions, while RADIUS, LDAP, AD or remote user authentication provides an added layer of connection security. Moreover, with an OSD, RS-232 support, and Auto MDIX, KE series is the most cost-effective and convenient way to get a full digital extension from anywhere on the intranet.
More flexible and efficient operations can be achieved in the KVM over IP matrix system, which integrates KE series extenders with the CCKM management software, such as multi-display setups, video grouping, video profile scheduling and enhancements that give greater access to quick and easy control tools to configure KE devices over a network. Whether you're configuring, monitoring, administrating, controlling or extending computer access, the KVM over IP matrix system is made adaptable to fit an endless variety of working environments and workstation settings, as well as to provide solutions in broadcasting, control center, multimedia, manufacturing and many other industries where matrix extending is required.
Extend a computer's KVM console any distance over a LAN by connecting the Tx (Transmitter) and Rx (Receiver) units to your network. Extend a computer's KVM console up to 330 feet (100 m) by
directly connecting the Tx (Transmitter) and Rx (Receiver) units with a single CAT-5e/6 cable.
KE8950 / KE8950 supports 1Gbps SFP fiber module expansions, enabling connections with network switch which allow inserting either an optical Fiber Channel SFP module or Active Copper SFP module. The single-mode SFP module provides 1GbE connectivity up to 10 kilometers while the multi-mode SFP module provides 1GbE connectivity up to 1800 feet (550 m).***
Unprecedented Video Quality
ATEN's advanced graphics processor delivers video that ensures you to experience the same vivid and sharp image quality on the remote monitor no matter how far away the console is located. Remarkably, KE8950 / KE8950 offers Ultra High Definition (UHD) video quality – up to 3840x2160 @ 30 Hz (4:4:4); 24-bit color depth.
KE8950 / KE8950 allows you to access, share, and switch full control of Tx (Transmitter) connected computers - from any Rx (Receiver - KVM console) on the network. Flexibly allows one-to-one, one-to-many, many-to-one, or many-to-many computer to KVM console connections.
Advanced Management System
The KE Matrix Management Software allows you to easily administer all KE8950 / KE8950 devices over a network, using an intuitive user-friendly web based GUI.
Download KE Matrix Manager® Lite (supporting up to 8 end-points) for FREE!
Fast switching feature allows switching between the Tx (Transmitter) devices within 0.3 second. Users can operate keyboard / mouse immediately without waiting for the process of USB enumeration. This is ideal for control center application, which has strong demand for the seamless operation.
• Ultra High Definition (UHD) video quality – up to 3840x2160 @ 30Hz (4:4:4); 36-bit color depth
• Support interlaced video (1080i)
• Support standard HDMI resolutions from 640x480 up to 3840x2160 @ 30Hz
• Support stereo speakers and stereo microphone
• USB virtual media support
• Compliant with HDMI 1.4a and HDCP 1.4
• Auto-MDIX – automatically detects cable type
• Built-in 8KV/15KV ESD protection and 1KV surge protection
• Fanless design for silent operations that are energy efficient
• Hot pluggable
• Upgradeable firmware
• Rack mountable, with dual rack mount kit (2X-021G) and single rack mount kit (2X-031G)
• Support connection via Gigabit Ethernet port
• Support SFP module
• Support Power over Ethernet (PoE) function – compliant with the IEEE 802.3at and IEEE 802.3af standards
• Remotely access computers on your KVM installation via intranet
• Dual console operation – controls your system from both the transmitter's and receiver's keyboard, monitor, and mouse consoles
• OSD (On Screen Display) on the Receiver configures both units
• Support GUI operation
• EDID Expert™ – selects optimum EDID settings to prevent video compatibility issue caused by different monitors
• On-screen Preview – allows users to view the video of up to 6 displays on one screen
• Command Line Interface – administrators can control all KE devices via RS-232 or TCP/IP using a CLI or 3rd party application
• RS-232 serial ports – allow you to connect to a serial terminal for configuration, and serial devices such as touchscreens and barcode scanners
• Flashing LED and beeping features help locate and identify devices
• Dedicated LAN port for KE direct connections – can be isolated from the corporate network
• Secure data transmission – AES encryption to secure all data before it's transmitted over a network and decrypts the data on the receiver
• Remote login security
• USB Virtual Media mode enhances data transmission performance, ideally for file transfers, OS patching, software installations and diagnostic testing
• Support USB 2.0 DVD/CD drives, USB mass storage devices, PC hard drives and ISO images
• Support Smart Card/CAC Reader
• Fast Switching – switch between different remote video resolutions on a local display within 0.3 seconds
• Unlimited Video Walls – create multiple video walls with up to 8 x 8 (64 displays max.) in each layout
• Advanced Scheduling – improves efficiency and saves costs by allowing media playback to be set based on time and date
• Channel connections allow Rx (Receiver) devices to connect to multiple Tx (Transmitter) devices – to stream video, audio, USB and serial sources independently
• Support both internal and external authentication – external authentication supports LDAP, Active Directory, RADIUS and TACACS+
• Advanced User Authorization Settings – administrators can set four access modes of permissions on Tx (Transmitter) devices for collaboration or to avoid interference among users
• Configurable user and group permissions for access and control of KE devices
• Support industry standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol
• Video grouping of up to 4 sets of KE series devices to support Multi-Display applications
Recommended Network Switches
Below are the network switches that have passed ATEN's stress tests using the KE Series extenders. ATEN's tests streamed content over a network with a resolution of 1920x1200 @ 60Hz (KE69 Series) and 3840x2160 @ 30Hz (KE89 Series), 24bit color depth at 60 frames per second.
• Cisco Cisco Catalyst 2960X / Catalyst 2960XR / Catalyst 3750
• HP Procurve 2920
• H3C S5120
• Huawei S5700
1x Power Adapter
1x HDMI LockPro
1x User Instructions
* KE Series extenders include KE6900, KE6900ST, KE6940, KE8950, and KE8950
** These advanced functions are supported when the KE devices are managed by KE Matrix Management Software (CCKM)