Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
MCD-LED17108: 17" LED console drawer
with integrated CAT-5 analog/digital KVM switch
Employing state-of-the-art technologies in a compact device, Raritan's MasterConsole Digital 17" LED console drawer with integrated KVM switch (MCD-LED) provides reliability, ease of use, and convenience that you need in your data center, lab or server room. The LED backlit LCD KVM switch and console drawer combination (MCD-LED) is a 17-inch LCD rack console and CAT-5 KVM switch integrated into a single rack access solution for SMB and server room environments.
Raritan's MasterConsole Digital LED console drawer with integrated KVM switch (MCD-LED) consolidates access and control of multiple servers with a single console. It features KVM ports for 8 servers and can be cascaded two levels to support up to 256 connections. MCD-LED switch uses standard Category 5/6 unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cables or dongles for connecting computers.
MCD-LED supports the highest HD video resolution of up to 1920x1080 Full HD 1080p via standard Category5/6. Its video interface supports inputs from both analog (VGA) and digital (DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort) video connections. Stereo audio is also supported by using VGA combo cables or Raritan's HDMI CIMs.
MCD-LED allows one user to access and control servers via independent KVM sessions at the rack. The user can employ MasterConsole Digital Computer Interface Modules (MDCIMs) connectors for distances up to 150 feet. If servers are local, users can employ MDUTP cables — the next generation UTP combo cable available from Raritan’s mature CAT-5 technology.
MCD-LED console drawer with integrated KVM switch provides a friendly OSD (On-Screen Display) interface and hot-keys to access to connected computers. MCD-LED supports MS-DOS, Windows®, Linux® (Red Hat, Novell® Suse), Macintosh® OS9, OSX and SCO UNIX® operating systems.
MasterConsole Digital consists of two components: the LED console drawer with integrated KVM switch; Computer Interface Modules (MDCIMs) or VGA KVM combo cables (MDUTPs). Both connect to the keyboard, video (DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA) and mouse ports of each server and provide fail-safe server access with Raritan's dedicated keyboard/mouse emulation.
MasterConsole Digital supports USB keyboards and mouse interfaces, HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort digital video inputs via CIMs and analog VGA video via MDUTP combo UTP cables. MasterConsole Digital also supports audio via HDMI CIM and VGA MDUTP combo UTP cables.
Building upon Raritan's history of success with KVM switches, MasterConsole Digital is ideal for performing system maintenance, administration, running applications, and troubleshooting. Raritan's MasterConsole Digital LED console drawer with integrated KVM switch (MCD-LED) is ideal for small to midsized businesses (SMB) who need to have a centralized point of access to multiple servers without the expense and clutter of a dedicated keyboard, mouse, and monitor for each compute ro rserver.
• 1U, small form factor design
• Single user; control 8 servers
• Controlup to 256 servers by cascading
• Support analog VGA and DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort digital video interfaces
• Wide screen resolution support up to 1920x1080
• MDUTP cable is a computer interface module integrated with UTP cable for easier cabling management. MDUTP cables provide VGA, USB and stereo audio support. MDUTP cables offer flexible cabling lengths of 6, 12, 18 and 45 feet between the servers and the MCD-LED KVM switch.
• Computer Interface Modules (MDCIMs) provide up to 150 feet between the target servers ands witch with HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort video interfaces.
• Space-saving design. MCD-LED is only 1U in height and fits in a standard 19" rack.
• HD video resolutions. Supports the highest video resolution of up to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz.
• Computer Interface Module (MDCIM) "keep-alive" technology allow users to add, removeand hot-swap CIMs without interruption to the live servers. MDCIMs also support DDC, DDC2, and DDC2B.
• AC Power: 110/220V auto-switching. Integrated auto-sensing power supply.
• On-screen display (OSD) interface enables fast and easy switching.
• Cross-platform and hardware independent. Works with a mixture of servers having USB keyboard/mouse interfaces and with HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort digital video interfaces, as well as VGA.
• CAT-5 Simplicity™. Utilizes CAT-5e/6 cabling to carry the KVM signaling from the server (via MDCIMs or MDUTP cables) to the KVM switch.
• Servers can be labeled with meaningful names for quick identification and selection from the on-screen menu.
• Scalability/cascading. User can control 8 servers. User can control up to 256 servers by cascading additional MCD switches.
• Simple installation. Plug-and-play installation, configuration along with easy-to-use, on-screen displays.
• OSD menus can be operated with keyboard hotkeys.
• Auto Skip function bypasses inactive channels, while Auto Scan function previews servers at variable rates.
• "Keep-alive" technology maintains non-stop server operation, even in the event of power loss.
• Password authentication. Support of one administrator and 127 user profiles fo rsecure access and simple management.
MCD-LED switch uses standard Category5/6 unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cables or dongles for connecting computers in two forms: Computer Interface Modules (MDCIMs), and VGA KVM combo cables (MDUTPs). Both connect to the keyboard, video and mouse ports of each serve rand provide fail-safe server access with Raritan's dedicated keyboard/mouse emulation.
Computer Interface Modules (CIMs) for MasterConsole Digital are "server dongles" that connect a PC, server or workstation to the MasterConsole® Digital via a CAT-5/6 cable. MasterConsole Digital supports USB keyboards and mouse interfaces, and HDMI/DVI/DisplatPort digital video inputs via MDCIMs. HDMI CIM also supports audio.
VGA KVM combo cables (MDUTPs) are the new generation UTP KVM combo cable for MCD-LED models. They integrate Raritan's VGA CIM and UTP cable together as one single cable, along with stereo audio support. The installation is much easier than using CIMs. It is also easy for cabling and maintenance purposes. MasterConsole Digital supports USB keyboards and mouse interfaces, audio and VGA analog video inputs via MDUTP cables.
Cables not included - use the listing below to locate the appropriate MDCIM or MDUTP cable you need.