Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
RK8-HDX-ULT-S: 8-port rack-mount HDMI, IR, RS232 and power extender over CAT-5e/6 (transmitter)
consolidate up to eight 4K HDMI extenders in one powered rack unit to transmit HD signals up to 450 feet away using CAT-5e/6
Note: Receiver units are purchased separately
RK8-HDX-ULT is the perfect solution for extending 4K HDMI signals to 8 remote locations 300 feet via PoE or up to 450 feet when both sides are powered, ensuring peak performance when transmitting ultra-high quality picture resolutions. RK8-HDX-ULT is the perfect extender solution for any system, and works in tandem with SmartAVI matrixes for robust routing configurations. Plus, with RS-232 and IR remote control, taking command is convenient and easy every time!
It is the ideal way to consolidate up to eight workstation computers into one location. It is fully compatible with Mac, PC and Linux HDMI standards. Up to eight displays can be extended easily from a rack without the mess or expense of multiple extenders. Rather than buy multiple extenders for rack components, and having to find power strips or numerous power outlets for the adapters, the SmartAVI rack series of extenders allows for up to eight transmitters and eight receivers with only one power supply.
Whether it's for a home entertainment system or a commercial installation, the RK8-HDX-ULT delivers flexibility and control. Don't let the distance bring your system down: let the RK8-HDX-ULT extend your reach today!
Rack to Endpoint
If your company uses a rack of source devices, whether it be computer servers, DVD players or other hardware, RK8-HDX-ULT allows you to run all of those components into one extension box that supports up to eight inputs/outputs on one power supply. In this example, source signals are being routed from a company rack through RK8-HDX-ULT to multiple displays. The rack utilizes SmartAVI's HDX-ULT-RX receiver unit at the end point to convert the CAT-5e/6 feed back into an HDMI signal.
SmartAVI's HDX-ULT-RX Receiver is an innovative solution to extending any HDMI signal – be it a gaming console, Blu-ray player, computer, etc. – over inexpensive CAT-5e/6 STP cabling up to 450 feet away to one remote display and one local screen for realtime monitoring of content. This is the perfect solution for broadcasting high-definition media easily and inexpensively from a source to display screen for customers to view while keeping the CPU in a remote, secure location such as a computer room or back office of a business.
Utilizing HDX-ULT-RX, users can monitor what's being shown to customers in real-time via a local display while users retain full control over the CPU or HDMI source, accessible only by key personnel. HDX-ULT-RX is a compact unit that is easily integrated into a digital display network in a retail store, bar/lounge or other venue. The Receiver unit is small and light, which makes inclusion into infrastructure very simple.
• Medical field - In the medical field where sensitive electronic devices are used, isolating workstation computers can be a matter of safety. The RK8-HDX-ULT allows the workstation computers to be housed in a central location, away from sensitive devices.
• Industrial work areas - In industrial work areas that may be too harsh for a workstation computer, the RK8-HDX-ULT can consolidate the computers into a safe location.
• Digital signage - When it comes to digital signage, RK8-HDX-ULT is an excellent deployment option. With RK8-HDX-ULT, up to eight digital signage devices can be centralized and secured from public access.
• Information kiosks/displays - As with most information booths and kiosks, there is a risk of damage or theft. RK8-HDX-ULT is the best way to secure computer hardware, by consolidating it to a secure location away from public access.
Features and Benefits
• Extends HDMI, IR, and power output over CAT-5e/6
• Extends IR control signals for remote control
• Supports 1080p/60fps and 4K/30Hz resolution
• Supports power over Ethernet (PoE) up to 300 feet
• Transmits up to 450 feet when both sides are powered
• Data signals up to 3.4Gbps
• HDCP compliant; EDID learning
• Bi-directional IR and RS-232 control
• LED status indicators
• Rack mountable
• Up to 8 units on single rack
1x RK8-HDX-ULT-TX (8-port Transmitter)
1x CCWPWR (power cord)