Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
RK8-HLX-500-S: 8-port rack-mount HDMI and IR extender over LAN (transmitter)
consolidate up to eight HDMI extenders in one powered rack unit to transmit HD signals over the network (LAN)
Note: Receiver units are purchased separately
RK8-HLX-500 is the perfect solution for extending HDMI signals to a remote location up to 500 feet away. It is the ideal way to consolidate up to eight workstation computers into one location. It is fully compatible with Mac, PC and Linux HDMI standards.
Up to eight displays can be extended easily from a rack without the mess or expense of multiple extenders. Rather than buy multiple extenders for rack components and having to find power strips or numerous power outlets for the adapters, the Smart-AVI rack series of extenders allows for up to eight inputs and eight outputs with only one power supply.
Rack to Endpoint
If your company uses a rack of source devices, whether it be computer servers, DVD players or other hardware, RK8-HLX-500 allows you to run all of those components into one extension box that supports up to eight inputs/outputs on one power supply. In this example, source signals are being routed from a company rack through RK8-HLX-500 to multiple displays. This system utilizes Smart-AVI's HLX-500-Rx receiver unit at the end point to convert the CAT-5e/6 feed back into an HDMI signal.
Smart-AVI's HLX-500-Rx receiver unit (purchased separately) is an innovative solution to extending any HDMI signal – be it a gaming console, Blu-Ray player, computer, etc. – over inexpensive CAT-5e/6 STP cabling up to 500 feet away to one remote display and one local screen for realtime monitoring of content. This is the perfect solution for broadcasting high-definition media easily and inexpensively from a source to display screen for customers to view while keeping the CPU in a remote, secure location such as a computer room or back office of a business.
Utilizing HLX-500-Rx, users can monitor what's being shown to customers in real-time via a local display while users retain full control over the CPU or HDMI source, accessible only by key personnel.
HLX-500-Rx is a compact unit that is easily integrated into a digital display network in a retail store, bar/lounge or other venue. The receiver unit is small and light, which makes inclusion into infrastructure very simple.
• Medical: In the medical field where sensitive electronic devices are used, isolating workstation computers can be a matter of safety. RK8-HLX-500 allows the workstation computers to be housed in a central location, away from sensitive devices.
• Industrial: In industrial work areas that may be too harsh for a workstation computer, RK8-HLX-500 can consolidate the computers into a safe location.
• Digital Signage: When it comes to digital signage, RK8-HLX-500 is an excellent deployment option. With RK8-HLX-500, up to eight digital signage devices can be centralized and secured from public access.
• Information kiosks/displays: As with most information booths and kiosks, there is a risk of damage or theft. RK8-HLX-500 is the best way to secure computer hardware, by consolidating it to a secure location away from public access.
Features and Benefits
• Extends HDMI signals up to 500 feet via LAN (CAT-5e/6 cables)
• Chainable for thousands of feet of extension
• Supports up to 8 HDMI sources on single rack
• Supports high resolution 1080p HD video, 1920x1080 at 60Hz
• Supports stereo audio
• IR (Infrared) remote enabled
• Rack mountable
• No software or driver required
• Plug-and-Play ready
• Distance can be increased if using ethernet GigaSwitch