Copyright © 2018 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
EXT-3G-HD-C: Plug-and-play conversion from 3GSDI to HDMI
use an SDI source with an HDMI display or downstream equipment
Gefen EXT-3G-HD-C converts audio and video from SDI to HDMI format, at resolutions up to 1080p Full HD, 3G-SDI, single link HD-SDI, and audio formats up to 8 channels of LPCM are supported.
This product is fully compatible with the Gefen Syner-G™ software suite. The Gefen Syner-G™ is a powerful set of software tools specifically designed to help discover, configure/customize, manage, monitor, and upgrade Gefen products.
Gefen EXT-3G-HD-C's compact enclosure, while light enough to be held in place using double sided Velcro® tape, features an ISO standard 1/4-20 attachment provision as well as a detachable surface-mounting bracket. This, along with a flexible power input circuitry capable of accepting a wide range of DC voltages and a locking power supply connector, make the EXT-3G-HD-C ideal for cutting edge mobile A/V applications as well as high performance fixed installations.
This product can be installed on camera gear via an industry-standard 1/4-20 attachment thread located on the bottom of the unit. It can also be surface-mounted using the included surface mounting bracket. EXT-3G-HD-C is light and compact enough to be held in place using Velcro® if your particular installation does not allow for the two preferred methods of installation described above.
How It Works
Set the DIP switches as necessary.
Connect an SDI cable between the input of EXT-3G-HD-C and an SDI source.
Connect the HDMI output of the Gefen converter to an HDMI display or other downstream equipment using a Gefen locking HDMI cable.
Connect the included 12V DC power supply to the 3GSDI to HDMI Converter's power supply jack and to an available electrical outlet. To remove the power supply plug from the unit, disengage the lock by pulling back on its plastic sleeve. The power LED indicator will glow in blue to indicate that the unit is powered on.
The HDMI Out LED indicator will glow in green to indicate that an active HDMI sink is present.
Use the USB Mini-B port with Gefen Syner-G™ software suite for performing firmware updates.
Features and Benefits
• Converts SDI to HDMI
• Input resolutions up to 1080p60
• Output resolutions up to 1080p Full HD
• HDMI (YCbCr 4:4:4) or DVI (RGB 4:4:4) output modes
• Supports 3G-SDI Levels A and B, Single-Link HD-SDI, and SD-SDI
• Supports up to 10 bit color on input and output
• Up to LPCM 7.1 audio support
• Field configurable via DIP switch settings
• Mini USB port for use with Gefen Syner-G™ for in-field firmware updates
• Wide power supply operating range (6V to 24V DC)
• Locking power supply connector
• 1/4-20 industry-standard camera gear attachment thread on bottom
• Surface-mountable using the included detachable bracket
(1) 3GSDI to HDMI Converter (EXT-3G-HD-C)
(1) Surface Mounting Bracket
(1) 12V DC Power Supply (EXT-PS121.5AIP-3P-6)
(1) Quick-Start Guide (QSG-EXT-3G-HD-C)