Copyright © 2021 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
16x16 modular digital matrix A/V switch (chassis)
• Modular Convenience with Flexibility: VM1600A is fully flexible and expandable with modular I/O boards that provide plug-n-play connectivity with an extensive line of analog and digital A/V equipment that offers great flexibility for customization and future-proofing. The removable front panel, modular interior PCBs, hot swappable I/O board, power, and fan modules make repair and replacement easier than ever, without any interruption to services.
• Smooth and Seamless Viewing Experience: ATEN Seamless Switch™ technology is powered by an exclusive seamless engine that features close-to-zero second switching for continuous video streams, real-time switching, and stable signal transmissions. This high-performance engine processes A/V signals by executing EDID and HDCP handshakes simultaneously for both the source and display - scaling all inputs for the best output resolution. By setting the output clock timing and using a frame buffer to retain input signal information, you're always guaranteed the fastest output and pleasant viewing experience.
• Video Wall: The Video Wall functionality is featured with a unique scaler that utilizes ATEN FPGA technology to unify various video input signals and render optimum output resolutions on displays with uncompromised precision. With the intuitive web GUI which has won the Red Dot Interface Design award, you can easily confi gure up to 32 profi les and customize the display layouts. Multiple displays can be easily confi gured to show video as a single large screen in various layouts - to see "what you want, how you want it".
• Audio Separation: VM1600A provides the capability to separate audio signals from their corresponding video signals, including both HDMI audio extraction and stereo audio embedding. This allows the stereo audio and video signals from one source device to be switched and sent out to different destinations.
ATEN modular matrix solution comprises of VM1600A switch (chassis) in tandem with a range of hot-swappable I/O boards. The solution offers real-time control and advanced access to manage 16 video sources and 16 displays simultaneously, through modular I/O boards in a single chassis. Empowered by ATEN Seamless Switch™ technology, VM1600A video matrix switches incorporate a speed-progressive video switching function and a unique scaler that integrates seamlessly with video wall systems.
ATEN modular matrix solution is easily expandable and ideal for large-scale A/V applications such as broadcasting stations, traffic and transportation-related control rooms, emergency service centers, and any application that requires customizable, high-speed A/V signal routing.
Boasting a sophisticated and intuitive design to deliver the best audio/visual distribution and control, reliability and lowest maintenance costs, the solution also incorporates ATEN's Red Dot Award-winning GUI that can be accessed from anywhere over a network or the internet. Configuring a video wall or digital signage installation has never been easier.
VM1600A offers advanced access and real-time control of multiple local and remote A/V input devices and displays from a single chassis. Operators can work from 4x4 up to 16x16 inputs and outputs simultaneously, as well as incorporate multiple digital video formats within the setup. It uses TMDS technology to support high speed data transfer.
Combining modular I/O boards and remote receivers, this solution can be conveniently customized, allowing users to independently switch and route video and/or audio signals to various monitors, displays, projectors and/or speakers simply by pressing front panel pushbuttons.
VM1600A's built-in scaler encodes video formats in order to provide seamless, real-time switching while ensuring stable signal transmission. In addition, the front panel LCD shows a quick view of active port connections, and includes an option to select an EDID Mode that yields the best resolution across different monitors.
VM1600A is easily expandable and accommodates ATEN's hotswappable I/O boards. Equipped with automatic signal conversion, it allows a combination of digital video formats, thus making it ideal for large-scale A/V applications.
Setup is fast and easy; install the modular I/O boards by sliding them into the VM1600A's rear panel slots, then plug the device cables into the appropriate ports on the I/O boards and you're ready.
This solution can be connected to the network through VM1600A's LAN port, allowing the installation to take advantage of internal CAT-5 Ethernet wiring built into most modern commercial buildings. Once initial network setup has been accomplished at the local level, VM1600A can be conveniently managed remotely using any web browser. Furthermore, for complete systems integration, VM1600A's built-in RS-232 and RS-485/RS-422 ports allows the switch to be configured through a high-end controller or PC.
ATEN modular matrix solution is a powerful integrated A/V setup targeted towards broadcasting stations, traffic and transportation-related control rooms, emergency service centers and any application that requires customizable high speed A/V signal routing.
Video Wall Integration with Scaler
Built into VM1600A is a high-powered video wall processor. With a state-of-the-art processor, VM1600A easily manages multiple wall configurations such as a 4x4 or 3x3 plus a 2x2, or four 2x2's. With a simple GUI interface for the user to customize the audio/video wall outputs, VM1600A provides high flexibility for multiple applications from one box. A unique scaler utilizing ATEN FPGA technology is built in VM1600A to unify various video input signals and render optimum output resolutions on displays with uncompromised precision. Through an intuitive web GUI, up to 32 video wall profiles can be created with custom screen layouts, viable in a wide range of pro-A/V applications.
Integrated Control Mechanism
VM1600A features an all-in-one control mechanism that integrates video wall processing and matrix switching capability in a single chassis. This new approach not only simplifies installation with streamlined management, but contributes to overall system reliability.
ATEN Seamless Switch™ technology features instantaneous video switching to deliver Full HD video powered by an exclusive seamless engine implemented at each output port. This high-performance engine processes A/V signals by executing EDID and HDCP handshakes simultaneously at both source and display ends, scaling inputs for the best output resolution while setting the output clock timing, and using a frame buffer to retain input signal information for the fastest output.
Installation of Hot-pluggable Components
The modular matrix switch solution, encompassing hot-pluggable I/O boards, allows video sources of any interface type to be routed independently to target displays of any interface, making it easy and flexible to cross play video in any matrix.
VM1600A is equipped with a spare slot for a redundant power module, in case of an unexpected power outage. This prevents single points of failure from experiencing system downtime, keeping the system highly available at all times without interrupting any existing services.
Features and Benefits
• Connects any of 16 video sources to any of 16 displays in combination with ATEN I/O boards
• 16x16 I/O connections via 4x 4 I/O slots for modular matrix boards
• Multiple means for system configuration including front-panel pushbuttons, RS-232/422/485 control, and Ethernet connections for web GUI or Telnet
• Multiple control methods - system management via front-panel pushbuttons, RS-232/RS-422/RS-485, and Ethernet connections for web GUI or Telnet
• 4K resolutions - up to Ultra-HD (3810x2160) and DCI (4096x2160) with refresh rates of 30 Hz (4:4:4) and 60 Hz (4:2:0)*
• Scaler - features a video scaling function to convert input resolutions to the optimum display resolutions*
• Seamless Switch™ - features close-to-zero second switching that provides continuous video streams, real-time switching, and stable signal transmissions*
• Video wall - allows you to create custom video wall layouts via intuitive web GUI*
• Calendar-based profile scheduling - plays connection profiles based on user-defined schedules
• EDID Expert™ - selects optimum EDID settings for smooth power-up, high-quality display and use of the best resolution across different screens
• Audio-enabled - HDMI audio can be extracted and stereo audio can be embedded*
• Bi-directional RS-232 channel - allows you to control connected serial devices through the web GUI
• Supports redundant power module for higher reliability
• Hot-pluggable design for easy integration of I/O boards, fan module, and power supplies
• HDCP 2.2 Compatible*
• HDMI: 3D, Deep Color, 4K*
• Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) supported*
• Rack mountable (6U design)
1x Power Cord
1x Terminal Block connector
1x Fan Module (pluggable)
1x Power Module (pluggable)
1x User Instructions
Available Modular Input Boards (purchased separately - see below)
• VM7904 - 4-port DisplayPort input card
• VM7824 - 4-port True 4K HDMI input card
• VM7814 - 4-port 4K HDMI input card
• VM7804 - 4-port HDMI input card
• VM7604 - 4-port DVI input card
• VM7404 - 4-port SDI input card
• VM7104 - 4-port VGA input card
• VM7514 - 4-port HDBaseT input card
• VM7584K1 - 4-port HDMI fiber-optical MultiMode input card
• VM7584K2 - 4-port HDMI fiber-optical SingleMode input card
Available Modular Output Boards (purchased separately - see below)
• VM8824 - 4-port True 4K HDMI output card
• VM8814 - 4-port 4K HDMI output card
• VM8804 - 4-port HDMI output card
• VM8604 - 4-port DVI output card
• VM8514 - 4-port HDBaseT output card
• VM8584K1 - 4-port HDMI fiber-optical MultiMode output card
• VM8584K2 - 4-port HDMI fiber-optical SingleMode output card
Available Modules (purchased separately - see below)
• VM-FAN554 - Fan module
• VM-PWR460-A - Modular power supply
* The availability of this feature depends on which I/O board is inserted.
When Seamless Switch™ is enabled, 3D, Deep Color, or interlace (i.e., 1080i) formats will not be supported. To use these formats, make sure to disable Seamless Switch™.
Videos may not display within range when Seamless Switch™ or Video Wall is enabled, in which case please adjust the display settings on your device.