Copyright © 2017 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
8-port USB HDMI KVMP switch
CS1798 8-port USB HDMI KVM switch is a multi-purpose appliance that consolidates access and control of up to 8 HDMI computers from a single USB keyboard, USB mouse, and monitor console.
CS1798 can be cascaded up to three levels – to control up to 512 computers – all from a single console.
In addition CS1798 features multi-display functionality, which enables the use of standard USB cables to stack up to eight switches in a multi-display installation where each computer is fitted with multiple video cards. It allows you to contrast, analyse and monitor video output in convenient ways, substantially simplifying the working environment.
Furthermore, CS1798 comes with ATEN's on-screen display (OSD) function, which can access any computer connected to the installation, it also offers OSD configuration backup/restore to save/back up the OSD settings and restore them as needed.
There are three convenient methods to access any computer connected to the installation:
(1) using the pushbutton port selection switches located on each unit's front panel;
(2) entering Hotkey combinations from the keyboard; and
(3) selecting from menus provided by the on-screen display (OSD).
An Auto Scan feature also permits automatic scanning and monitoring of all computers on the installation, one by one.
CS1798 provides multimedia keyboard support and is audio enabled. You can listen to the audio output of each computer on two sets of speakers (on a one at- a-time basis).
Setup is fast and easy. Simply plug cables into their appropriate ports. There is no software to configure, no installation routines, and no incompatibility problems. Since CS1798 intercepts keyboard input directly, it works on multiple operating platforms (PC compatible, Mac*, Sun*, etc.).
Since a single console manages all of the computers on your installation, a CS1798 KVM switch setup:
(1) eliminates the expense of having to purchase a separate keyboard, monitor, and mouse for each computer;
(2) saves all the space extra components take up;
(3) saves on energy costs; and
(4) eliminates the inconvenience and wasted effort involved in constantly moving from one computer to another.
Features and Benefits
• One USB console controls up to sixteen HDMI interface computers and two additional USB 2.0 devices
• HDMI compatible
• Cascadable to three levels – control up to 512 computers
• Multi-Display feature – stack up to eight CS1798 units and display video from up to eight monitors (dual display/triple display/quad display/multi-display)
• 2-port USB 2.0 hub built in
• Computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys, and multilingual on-screen display (OSD)
• Independent switching of KVM and USB focus
• OSD Backup/Restore feature – enables the administrator to back up the switch's configuration and user profile information
• Firmware upgradable
• Video DynaSync™ – exclusive ATEN technology eliminates boot-up display problems and optimizes resolution when switching between ports
• Superior video quality – supports up to 1080p / 1920x1200 @ 60Hz
• Supports widescreen resolutions
• Audio enabled – full bass response provides a rich experience for 2.1 channel surround sound systems
• Console audio ports on front panel for easy access
• Auto Scan Mode for monitoring all computers
• HDCP compatible
• Multiplatform support – Windows, Linux, Mac, Sun
• Console mouse port emulation/bypass feature supports most mouse drivers and multifunction mice
• Complete keyboard emulation for error-free booting
• Mac/Sun keyboard support and emulation* 1.2
• Multilingual OSD supports English, German, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Russian, and French
• Multilingual keyboard mapping – supports English (US), English (UK), German (GER.), German (SWISS), French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese
1x 8-Port USB HDMI KVM Switch with Rack Mounting Kit
2x Custom USB HDMI KVM Cable Sets, 6-feet (2L7D02UH)
1x Firmware Upgrade Cable
1x Power Adapter
1x Foot Pad Set (4 pcs)
1x Quick Start Guide
1) Enable mouse emulation for independent switching for PC compatible computers. Mac and Sun computers must be compatible with USB connections.
2) PC keyboard combinations emulate Mac/Sun keyboards; Mac/Sun keyboards work only with their own computers.
3) CS1798 offers two types of installation: a) standalone/cascade; and b) multi-display – that require different cabling setups. Therefore, the functions of both types are not available in one installation.