Copyright © 2024 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
5K DisplayPort KVM over IP, CATx and fiber-optic transmitter
Note: Receiver units are purchased separately
• Native DisplayPort signal processing with color depth up to 12 bits and support for HDR 10
• Lossless video compression up to 5K (5120x1440 @ 60Hz 4:4:4) with zero latency
• USB isochronous transfer enables USB camera and USB speaker usage between transmitter and transmitter
As workplaces face restructuring and decentralization is inevitably enforced, control room operations are being challenged to pivot effectively throughout these safety protocols in the new normal. Despite manpower shortages, managing escalations with secure, precise, and timely data from real-time monitoring and dynamic collaboration has become measurably more mission-critical than ever.
KX9970 is a high-performance KVM over IP transmitter/transmitter system that allows connection to a DisplayPort computer and enables secure, remote, and uninterrupted access to the computer from a 5K DisplayPort KVM console over an Intranet or a dedicated LAN. With the transmitter console installed at a separate location from the transmitter within a standard IP network, mission-critical control room operations become more ergonomic, user-centered, and task-oriented, while remaining separate from any adverse environmental interference.
KX9970 expands on previous models with support for up to 10 Gbps optic fiber network connection, transcendent 5K audiovisual performance, speedy peripheral data sharing, and many other new features. This future-proof KVM over IP matrix system solution, incorporating flexible extender connections, visual collaboration, and system control, aims to streamline control room workflows to jump start operators' productivity with KVM over IP agility.
KX9970T 5K DisplayPort KVM over IP transmitter is a high performance IP- based single-display transmitter, where the transmitter can transmit a computer's keyboard, video, mouse, and USB signals to the transmitter for providing separate console accesses from both the transmitter's and transmitter's locations. The setup allows extended access to computer systems via a USB console (USB keyboard, USB mouse, DisplayPort monitor) over Intranet, enabling users to place the computers in secure and temperature-controlled environments, which may be isolated from the user workstation.
KX9970T supports one DisplayPort video display for delivering video resolutions of up to 5K (5120x2880 @ 30Hz), and offers flawless and lossless video quality with extremely low latency. KX9970T is equipped with one RJ-45 port and two SFP+ slots. 10-Gbps SFP+ fiber module expansions are supported for fiber optic network connections and a transmission distance of up to 10 km. For connection flexibility, both KX9970 transmitter and transmitter models can be connected either directly to each other or via a high-speed network over a copper-based or fiber-based LAN. KX9970T also features dual power supply capability for power redundancy to ensure reliable services. KX9970T can be set up at the workstation, mounted onto a wall or at the rear of a rack with its space-saving 0U rack-mount design.
As an IP-based matrix extender, KX9970T can be installed in flexible configurations, including point to point, point to multipoint, multipoint to point, and multipoint to multipoint. When combined with the KVM over IP Matrix Manager (CCKM), it can be integrated into a KVM over IP matrix system (multipoint-to-multipoint) for providing more flexible applications in different working environments.
By integrating CCKM with KX9970T, IT administrators can benefit from advanced features such as auto detection of all KX9970T devices on the same subnet for the sake of fast installation or configuration, username / password authentication and authorization, and the ability to define different types of connections that can be switched and shared.
Security features of KX9970T include 256-bit AES encryption for secured data transmissions, as well as RADIUS, LDAP, Active Directory, TACACS+ for 3rd-party authentication services.
In conclusion, KX9970T is the most cost-effective and convenient way to provide full digital extension for control room applications through a network.
Native DisplayPort Signal Processing with 12-bit Deep Colors
The essence of information visualization is in presenting the vividness of image coloring (ex. broadcast post production, meteorological analysis, etc). Powered by native DisplayPort signal processing with 8/10/12-bit color depth, KX9970 delivers stunning visualization with a wider color spectrum comprising Adobe RGB / sRBG / YCbCr / YUV color spaces, facilitating lossless video compression over real-time KVM over IP data transmission.
Pixel-Perfect 5K Audiovisual Performance with HDR 10
KX9970 revamps control room desktop operations with optimum image quality of 5K@60Hz@4:4:4. Aided by the graphics card's dithering effect and HDR 10, KX9970 brings a wider array of luminosity with smoother image rendering, providing an impactful user experience to considerably uplift control room productivity.
Spectacular Video FPS to Facilitate eSports Broadcasting
With eSports booming and beginning to rival traditional sports leagues in viewership, it's more important than ever to broadcast impeccable coverage of global gaming events and tournament where every tiny detail is crucial to viewers. KX9970's support for 1920x1080 @ 240Hz / 2560x1440 @ 144Hz allows broadcasting producers to seamlessly switch live between on-scene players and gaming feeds without experiencing any impactful lag or interruption while the video is being streamed.
Enhanced Isochronous USB Transmission
In addition to peripheral sharing (such as cameras, microphones, speakers, and more), the USB peripheral ports are capable of isochronous transfer communication to facilitate USB data transmission at a higher rate.
Fail-Safe System with Network/Power Redundancy
KX9970 provides network/power redundancy that reinforces system reliability by maintaining uninterrupted operations and seamless power failover during any contingency. KX9970 extenders are equipped with two SFP slots and one RJ-45 port to allow fiber and copper network connections, ensuring real-time data transmission and robust system uptime.
Panel Array™ Mode to Maximize Remote Console Efficiency
In tandem with CCKM (KVM over IP Matrix Manager), the operator at each remote console connected to a KX9970 transmitter can benefit from ATEN's Panel Array™ mode that enables simultaneous view of video sources from multiple transmitters in 2x2 up to 6x6 multiview layout on one screen.
Effortless KVM over IP Extension
KX9970 guarantees secure, extendable, and zero latency KVM over IP data transmission with no distance constraint to expedite real-time situational awareness for control room management. Extended data is bolstered with AES 256-bit encryption before transmission over the network and decrypted at the transmitter for disclosure.
KVM over IP Control Access as Emergency Measure
KX9970 comes equipped with a PS/2 port for connection to a KVM over IP Access Control Box (2XRT-0015G)**, which can be used to stop all remote transmitter connections in times of emergency to allow technicians to perform timely troubleshooting and required maintenance at the local console.
Comprehensive Video Wall Collaboration to Reinforce Teamwork Efficiency
When integrating with the video wall, KX9970 features ATEN's patented Boundless Switching which allows operators to intuitively switch control from one computer to another by moving the mouse cursor across screens, in order to respond to any incident with escalated awareness. Furthermore, all screen contents can be "pushed" and "pulled" for prompt collaboration, sharing, and troubleshooting as required between workstations and the video wall, facilitating a streamlined control room workflow to maximize informed decision making.
KVM over IP matrix system for Control Rooms of the Future
KX9970 deployment is flexibly scalable, allowing point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, multipoint-to-point, and multipoint-to-multipoint installations to accommodate a multitude of industrial applications. KX9970 extenders can be mixed and matched in a matrix configuration for installation, and this KVM over IP matrix system allows for effortless and centralized management of all extender connections via CCKM – the KVM over IP Matrix Manager's web GUI or an iPad app.
KX9970 is perfectly suited to mission-critical control room applications where secure KVM over IP agility, real-time monitoring, and ergonomic desktop operations are demanded, including broadcasting NOCs, ATC towers, & production line monitoring. It is also ideal for professional gaming.
Over IP Extension
Extends a computer's KVM console any distance over a LAN by connecting the Tx and Rx units to the same network. Extends a computer's KVM console up to 100 meters by directly connecting the Tx and Rx units with a single CAT-5e/6 cable. Standard IP protocols ensure maximum compatibility with your existing IT infrastructure and staff skill set.
Superior Video Quality
ATEN's advanced graphics processor delivers video that ensures users to experience the same vivid and sharp image quality on the remote monitor no matter how far away the console is located. KX9970 supports DisplayPort video resolutions of up to 5120x2880.
KX9970 supports connection via one 10 Gigabit Ethernet port (RJ-45) and two SFP+ slots for failover. In addition, KX9970 supports dual power sources for redundant power supply.
KX9970 supports 10-Gbps SFP+ fiber module expansions, enabling connections with the network switch with either Optical Fiber Channel or Active Copper SFP+ module***. The single-mode SFP+ module provides 10-GbE connectivity for up to 10 km while the multi-mode SFP+ module provides 10-GbE connectivity for up to 550 m.
CCKM allows users to easily administer all KVM over IP extenders over a network, using an intuitive, user-friendly web-based GUI.
Users can simply move the mouse cursor across screen bounders to switch between different transmitters. The function expedites the process of switching between transmitters for a smooth and hassle-free user experience and enables immediate monitoring and management of transmitters.
The KVM over IP extender allows users to access, share, and switch full control of Tx connected computers - from any Rx (KVM console) over the network. It flexibly allows point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, multipoint-to-point, or multipoint-to-multipoint computer to KVM console connections.
Compliant with universal enterprise-grade security standards (AES encryption for secured signal transmission and Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol), the KVM over IP extender provides different levels of username / password authentication and authorization.
Spectacular Video FPS
KX9970's support for 1920x1080 @ 240Hz / 2560x1440 @ 144Hz allows broadcasting producers to seamlessly switch live. With eSports booming and beginning to rival traditional sports leagues in viewership, it's more important than ever to broadcast impeccable coverage of global gaming events and tournament where every tiny detail is crucial to viewers.
• Lossless video compression up to 5120x2880 including UHD or DCI with zero latency
• Native DisplayPort signal processing with color depth 24, 30, 36 bits
• Supports HDR 10, Adobe RGB
• Supports USB isochronous transfer to enable USB camera and USB speaker usage between transmitter and transmitter
• ATEN Matrix Link – allows users to instantly link transmitters and transmitters to perform real-time port and profile switching on an iPad
• Boundless Switching – simply moves the mouse cursor across screen borders to switch between different transmitters (Rx)
• Push and Pull – shares content instantly to/from a single Rx or video wall by just one click
• Video walls – creates multiple video walls with up to 12x12 (144 displays max.) in each layout
• Advanced Scheduling – improves efficiency and saves costs by allowing connections to be set based on time and date
• Virtual Transmitter – independently streams video, audio, USB, and serial sources from different Tx
• Internal and external authentication support – supports LDAP, Active Directory, RADIUS and TACACS+
• Advanced User Authorization Settings – administrators can set up to four access modes on Tx devices for collaboration or prevention of interference among users
• Configurable user and group permissions for access and control of KX devices
• Tx grouping of up to 4 sets of KX transmitters to support multi-display applications
• Rx access control – users at the Tx local console can enable / disable Rx control privilege by simply pressing a control button2
• Supports DisplayPort video resolutions – up to 5120x1440 @ 60Hz (4:4:4), 5120x2880 @ 30Hz (4:4:4), 4096x2160 @ 60Hz (4:4:4), 1920x1080 @ 240Hz (4:4:4), 2560x1440 @ 144Hz (4:4:4); 36-bit color depth
• DisplayPort 1.2
• Stereo speakers and microphone support
• High speed USB Storage Transmission support
• Auto-MDIX – automatically detects cable type
• Built-in 8 kV / 15 kV ESD protection and 2 kV surge protection
• Supports power redundancy – KX9970T has 2 DC jacks for power redundancy
• Supports network failover – 1 RJ-45 & 2 SFP+ slots for network failover to ensure constant availability for mission-critical applications
• Supports 10-Gbps SFP+ fiber module expansions for up to 6.2 miles (10 km)***
• Rack mountable – mounting options (see listing below):
- 2X-021G dual rack-mount kit
- 2X-031G single rack-mount kit
• Includes an industrial-grade power adapter – supports operating temperature of 0-50 °C to ensure durability and adaptability under harsh environmental conditions
• Integration with KVM over IP Matrix Manager (CCKM) – a software enabling easy configurations of all KX devices with an intuitive web-based GUI
• Dual console operation – controls user's system from both the transmitter's and transmitter's keyboard, monitor, and mouse
• OSD (On Screen Display) – enables configuration of both Tx / Rx devices on the transmitter's display screen
• EDID Expert™ – selects optimum EDID settings to prevent video compatibility issue caused by different monitors
• On-screen Preview (Panel Array™ Mode) – allows users to view the video of up to 36 displays on one screen
• Video Compression Level – allows users to increase / decrease the video quality to adjust for appropriate network bandwidth
• Command Line Interface – administrators can control all KX devices via RS-232 or Telnet by issuing commands or 3rd-party application
• Supports Hotkey Commands
• RS-232 serial ports – allows users to connect to a serial terminal for TextMenu, CLI, or to serial devices such as touch screens and barcode scanners
• All KX Tx models are compatible to be used with all Rx models Security
• Dedicated LAN port for KX direct connections – can be isolated from the corporate network
• Secured data transmission – 256-bit AES encryption for all data being transmitted from the transmitter to the transmitter
• Supports industry standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol Virtual Media
• Virtual Media mode enhances data transmission performance, and is ideal for file transfers, OS patching, software installations and diagnostic testing
• Supports USB 2.0 DVD / CD drives, USB mass storage devices, PC hard drives and ISO images
• Supports smart card / CAC reader
1x KX9970T 5K DisplayPort KVM over IP transmitter
1x DisplayPort cable
1x USB Type-A to Type-B cable
1x Mounting kit
1x Power adapter
4x Foot pads
1x User instructions
* These advanced functions are supported when the KX transmitters are paired with KX transmitters and managed by Matrix Management Software (CCKM)
** The KVM over IP Access Control Box (2XRT-0015G) is sold separately
*** SFP+ modules (2A-141G / 2A-142G) are sold separately