Copyright © 2017 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
HDN-4QUADS: 4-port quad-video 4K/Ultra-HD HDMI KVM switch
with audio support, USB 2.0 peripheral sharing and full USB KVM emulation
HDN-4Quad is a dedicated multi-platform KVM switch capable of managing four quad-video computers through four HDMI monitors, one USB keyboard, one USB mouse, and other USB 2.0 devices. The quad-head compatibility of the switch enables supervising workflow and monitoring operations.
This device is HDMI 2.0 compliant with support for 4K screen resolutions up to 3840x2160 @ 30Hz with zero pixel loss from TMDS signal correction, and the device is backwards compatible with prior HDMI versions.
USB emulation technology utilized by HDN-4Quad enables immediate hotkey source switching through a remote USB keyboard and mouse. Additional USB peripherals can be attached, like a USB printer. RS-232 control and front panel switching are supported.
Source Switching Made Easy
HDN-4Quad provides a simplified management approach for four HDMI equipped computers with USB 2.0 outputs for a keyboard, mouse and other USB peripheral devices. This dynamic KVM console can be controlled by keyboard hot keys or RS-232 commands, as well as directly through the console's easy-to-read front panel.
EDID Learning and Programming
Detection of DDC signals for all attached devices is effortless with HDN-4Quad due to its real EDID learning and programming. This is vital in optimizing the resolution of the selected graphics card to properly display on the remote monitor. Furthermore, the EDID learning feature continues to replicate the right DDC for the computer to enable the display card to effectively work when unused ports are not selected.
Full USB Keyboard and Mouse Emulation
The USB keyboard and mouse emulation utilized by HDN-4Quad provides accurate and quick source switching by means of keyboard hotkeys and mouse actions. HDN-4Quad imitates the presence of a keyboard and mouse for every attached computer through a USB cable. This is essential as it simulates the existence of the keyboard and mouse to all the computers while switching without interruptions.
Flexible Control and Sharing
• Front panel control: To switch ports using the front panel, press the M1 or M2 button to navigate from computer to computer. The numbered LED lights will indicate which computer is selected.
• RS-232: Any external device or program supporting RS-232 can control HDN-4Quad. HDN-4Quad uses a very simple protocol that enables easy integration with other devices.
• Keyboard hot-keys allow the user to switch and control all the different functions of the KVM switch.
• Independent simultaneous device selection: Flexibility is key with HDN-4Quad. It enables the use of a USB keyboard and mouse of one computer while other USB peripherals such as scanners and printers are connected to other computer sources. HDN-4Quad maintains the ability to switch all connected devices to any one of the computer sources as with any other KVM switches.
HDN-4Quad has a broad range of applications, but the main function of this KVM switch is to centralize the access of several computers into one comprehensive PC. Not only does it function as a KVM console, it also supports USB 2.0 functionality. This allows a user at the console to use USB devices that would otherwise be unavailable with conventional KVM devices. For example, it allows a user to use a flash memory drive or camera without having to plug it directly into the remote computer. HDN-4Quad is a perfect solution for the medical or industrial field, where it may not be practical or safe to have one or more CPUs in the general vicinity.
Features and Benefits
• Supports Mac, PC, Linux and Sun Mac OS, Sun OS, Unix
• Supports Ultra-HD 4K (3840x2160 @ 30Hz)
• 4K-ready HDMI 2.0 connectors
• Zero pixel loss with TMDS signal correction
• Supports all USB 2.0 Devices
• Rack mountable in a standard 19 inch rack
• Flash upgradeable firmware
• Front panel keys for selecting users and channels manually
• Supports USB keyboard and mouse
• Balanced stereo audio output
• RS-232 control for remote control
• Hot-key commands for quick channel selection.
• Independent (asynchronous) switching of KVM and peripheral USB/audio ports. Users can listen to audio from one computer while working on the other or scan a document and save in another computer.
• Complete keyboard emulation for error free booting
• HDN-4Quad KVM switch
• PS5VDC4A power supply