Copyright © 2023 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
MCD-108-DUAL: CAT-5 analog/digital dual-monitor KVM switch
to access and control eight (8) dual-head PCs and servers
• Manages multiple dual-head servers with dual display via CIMs (MDCIM-DVI/HDMI/DP) and UTP VGA cables
• Supports borderless port switching by mouse - save time and increase productivity by quickly switching channels with the mouse
• Connects to servers up to 150 feet away with VGA, DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort video
• Space-saving design
• HD video resolutions of up to 1920x1200
• AutoScan for scanning servers at variable rates and AutoSkip bypasses inactive channels
• User-privilege level
• 1U in height
• Plug-and-play installation and configuration along with easy-to-use, on-screen displays
Raritan's MasterConsole® Digital Dual KVM switch (MCD-DUAL) consolidates access and control of multiple dual-head servers with a single console supporting dual displays. It enables a single user to manage and control multiple dual-head servers with borderless mouse switching.
MCD-108-DUAL features KVM ports for 8 "dual-headed" servers. MCD-DUAL switches can be cascaded to manage up to 64 servers at distances up to 150 feet (45 meters).
Standard Category 5/6/6e unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cables are used to connect computers. MCD-DUAL KVM switches provide a friendly OSD (on-screen display) interface and hotkeys to access connected computers and the convenient borderless mouse switching feature.
MCD-DUAL supports stereo audio by using MCD VGA combo cables or MCD HDMI CIMs. They also allow the sharing of two displays between multiple dual-display computers, supporting configurations such as screen duplication and extended-view modes to fit multiple use cases.
In addition to VGA (analog) video support, MCD-DUAL KVM switches support the latest digital video user interfaces - DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort. Maximum supported video resolution is up to 1920x1200 @ 75Hz (analog), 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (digital).
MCD-DUAL KVM switches support computer connections up to 150 feet away from the switch through UTP cable connections by using MasterConsole CIMs (MDCIMs) or MasterConsole KVM combo cables (MDUTP).
Port Switching by Mouse
Users can easily switch channels by just moving the mouse to touch the edge of the screen. Touching the right edge will switch to the next channel. Touching the left edge will switch to the previous channel.
If you move the mouse cursor to the left or right side of the display's borders, then MCD-DUAL will switch to the prior or next port. The user can move the mouse to strike the monitor's edge, and then the mouse will move to the next port.
This function can help the user to save time and increase productivity.
MasterConsole® Digital Computer Interface Module (MDCIM) Technology and Multiplatform Support
MDCIMs with "keep-alive" technology allows users to add, remove and hot-swap components without interruption to the live servers. MDCIMs support the latest digital video user interfaces - DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort.
MDCIMs are also available for support of various servers and devices in your data center and supports MS-DOS, Windows® 7/8/8.1/10, Linux® (Red Hat, Novell® Suse), Macintosh® OS9, OSX, and SCO UNIX®.
Features and Benefits
• Connect to VGA, DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort. MDUTP cables are an integrated computer interface module and UTP cable for easier cabling management. MDUTP cables provide VGA, USB and stereo audio support. Also, Raritan's Master Console Digital Computer Interface Modules (MDCIMs) provides up to 150 feet between the target servers and switch with HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort video interfaces.
• Space-saving design. MCD-DUAL is only 1U in height and fits in a standard 19" rack.
• HD video resolutions. Supports the highest video resolution of up to 1920x1200 @ 75Hz (via MDUTP cables) and 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (via MDCIMs).
• MasterConsole Digital Computer Interface Module (MDCIM) technology. MDCIMs with "keep-alive" technology allow users to add, remove and hot-swap CIMs without interruption to the live servers. MDCIMs also support DDC, DDC2, and DDC2B.
• AC Power: 110/220V auto-switching. Integrated auto-sensing power supply.
• Front panel LEDs allow for instant monitoring of server statuses.
• On-screen display (OSD) interface enables fast and easy switching.
• Cross-platform and hardware independent. Works with a mixture of servers having USB keyboard/mouse interfaces and with HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort digital video interfaces and VGA.
• CAT-5 Simplicity™. Utilizes CAT-5e/6 cabling to carry the KVM signaling from the server (via MDCIMs or MDUTP cables) to a KVM switch.
• Servers can be labeled with meaningful names for quick identification and selection from the on-screen menu.
• Scalability/cascading. The user can control 8 dual-head computers. By cascading units, the user can control up to 64 computers.
• Simple installation. Plug-and-play installation, configuration along with easy-to-use, on-screen displays.
• OSD menus can be operated with keyboard hot keys.
• AutoScan and AutoSkip. AutoScan allows users to scan servers at variable rates. AutoSkip bypasses inactive channels.
• User-privilege level. MCD-DUAL supports one administrator and fifteen user profiles for secure access and simple management.
• MDUTP cable. MDUTP cables are an integrated computer interface module and UTP cable for easier cabling management. MDUTP cables offer flexible cabling lengths of 6, 12, 18 and 45 feet between the servers and the MCD-DUAL KVM Switch.
MCD-DUAL switches use standard Category 5/6 unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cables or dongles for connecting computers in two forms: Computer Interface Modules (MDCIMs), and VGA KVM combo cables (MDUTPs). Both connect to the keyboard, video and mouse ports of each server and provide fail-safe server access with Raritan's dedicated keyboard/mouse emulation.
Computer Interface Modules (CIMs) for MasterConsole Digital are "server dongle" that connects a PC, server or workstation to the MasterConsole® Digital via a CAT-5/6 cable. MasterConsole Digital supports USB keyboards and mouse interfaces, and HDMI/DVI/DisplatPort digital video inputs via MDCIMs. HDMI CIM also supports audio.
VGA KVM combo cables (MDUTPs) are the new generation UTP KVM combo cable for MCD-DUAL models. It integrates Raritan's VGA CIM and UTP cable together as one single cable together with stereo audio support. The installation is much easier than using CIMs. It is also easy for cabling and maintenance purposes. MasterConsole Digital supports USB keyboards and mouse interfaces, audio and VGA analog video inputs via MDUTP cables.
Use the listing below to locate the appropriate MDCIM or MDUTP cable you need.
1x MCD-DUAL KVM switch
1x Power cord
1x Rack-mount kit (including brackets and associated screws)
2x DVI-I to VGA adapter (used for connecting VGA monitors or for connecting a 2nd-tier MCD switch via MDUTP cables)
1x Quick setup guide
Cables not included - see listing of compatible cables and dongles below