Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
MCD-232: CAT-5 analog/digital KVM switch
for small to midsized IT environments
Employing state-of-the-art technologies in a compact device, Raritan's MasterConsole Digital KVM switch (MCD) provides reliability, ease of use, and convenience that you need in your data center, lab or server room.
Raritan's MasterConsole Digital KVM switch (MCD) consolidates access and control of multiple servers with a two concurrent consoles. It features KVM ports for 32 servers and can be cascaded two levels to support up to 512 connections. MCD switch uses standard Category 5/6 unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cables or dongles for connecting computers.
MCD supports the highest HD video resolution of up to 1920x1080 via standard Category 5/6. Its video interface supports inputs from both analog (VGA video) and digital (DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort video) connections. For the user console, MCD offers a DVI-I connector that can support both analog and digital monitors. Stereo audio is also supported by using VGA combo cables or Raritan's HDMI CIMs. Maximum video resolution is supported up to 1920x1200 @75Hz via MDUTP MasterConsole VGA KVM combo cables , or 1920x1080 via MasterConsole Digital CIMs (MDCIMs) at a distance of up to 150 feet thru UTP cable connection.
MCD KVM switch provides a friendly OSD (On-Screen Display) interface and hotkeys to access to connected computers.
MasterConsole Digital consists of two components: the switch; Computer Interface Modules (MDCIMs) or VGA KVM combo cables (MDUTPs). Both connect to the keyboard, video (DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA) and mouse ports of each server and provide fail-safe server access with Raritan's dedicated keyboard/mouse emulation.
MasterConsole Digital supports USB keyboards and mouse interfaces, HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort digital video inputs via CIMs and analog VGA video via MDUTP combo UTP cables. MasterConsole Digital also supports audio via HDMI CIM and VGA MDUTP combo UTP cables
Building upon Raritan's history of success with KVM switches, MasterConsole Digital is ideal for performing system maintenance, administration, running applications, and troubleshooting. Raritan's MasterConsole Digital KVM switch (MCD) is ideal for small to midsized businesses (SMB) who need to have a centralized point of access to multiple servers without the expense and clutter of a dedicated keyboard, mouse, and monitor for each computer or server.
Features and Benefits
• Connect to VGA, DVI, HDMI, and DisplayPort. MDUTP cables are an integrated computer interface module and UTP cable for easier cabling management. MDUTP cables provide VGA, USB and stereo audio support. Also, Raritan's Master Console Digital Computer Interface Modules (MDCIMs) provides up to 150 feet between the target servers and switch with HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort video interfaces.
• Space-saving design. MCD is only 1U in height and fits in a standard 19" rack.
• HD video resolutions. Supports the highest video resolution of up to 1920x1200 @ 75Hz (via MDUTP cables) and 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (via MDCIMs).
• MasterConsole Digital Computer Interface Module (MDCIM) technology. MDCIMs with "keep-alive" technology allow users to add, remove and hot-swap CIMs without interruption to the live servers. MDCIMs also support DDC, DDC2, and DDC2B.
• AC Power: 110/220V auto-switching. Integrated auto-sensing power supply.
• Front panel LEDs allow for instant monitoring of server statuses.
• On-screen display (OSD) interface enables fast and easy switching.
• Cross-platform and hardware independent. Works with a mixture of servers having USB keyboard/mouse interfaces and with HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort digital video interfaces and VGA.
• CAT-5 Simplicity™. Utilizes CAT-5e/6 cabling to carry the KVM signaling from the server (via MDCIMs or MDUTP cables) to a KVM switch.
• Servers can be labeled with meaningful names for quick identification and selection from the on-screen menu.
• Scalability/cascading. Users can control 32 servers. Users can control up to 1024 servers by cascading the units.
• Simple installation. Plug-and-play installation, configuration along with easy-to-use, on-screen displays.
• OSD menus can be operated with keyboard hot keys.
• AutoScan and AutoSkip. AutoScan allows users to scan servers at variable rates. AutoSkip bypasses inactive channels.
• Password authentication. Support of one administrator and 127 user profiles for secure access and simple management.
• MDUTP cable. MDUTP cables are an integrated computer interface module and UTP cable for easier cabling management. MDUTP cables offer flexible cabling lengths of 6, 12, 18 and 45 feet between the servers and the MCD KVM Switch.
MCD switch uses standard Category 5/6 unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cables or dongles for connecting computers in two forms: Computer Interface Modules (MDCIMs), and VGA KVM combo cables (MDUTPs). Both connect to the keyboard, video and mouse ports of each server and provide fail-safe server access with Raritan's dedicated keyboard/mouse emulation.
Computer Interface Modules (CIMs) for MasterConsole Digital are "server dongle" that connects a PC, server or workstation to the MasterConsole® Digital via a CAT-5/6 cable. MasterConsole Digital supports USB keyboards and mouse interfaces, and HDMI/DVI/DisplatPort digital video inputs via MDCIMs. HDMI CIM also supports audio.
VGA KVM combo cables (MDUTPs) are the new generation UTP KVM combo cable for MCD models. It integrates Raritan's VGA CIM and UTP cable together as one single cable together with stereo audio support. The installation is much easier than using CIMs. It is also easy for cabling and maintenance purposes. MasterConsole Digital supports USB keyboards and mouse interfaces, audio and VGA analog video inputs via MDUTP cables.
Use the listing below to locate the appropriate MDCIM or MDUTP cable you need.
1x MCD KVM switch
1x Power cord
1x Rack-mount kit (including brackets and associated screws)
1x DVI-I to VGA adapter (used for connecting a VGA monitor or for connecting a 2nd-tier MCD switch via MDUTP)
1x Warranty card
1x Quick setup guide