Copyright © 2017 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
8-port Multi-platform USB-PS/2 KVMP switch
with USB peripheral sharing and and two level security, supporting Windows, Linux, Mac and Sun
CS1708A allows access to 8 directly connected computers, and through daisy chain architecture as many as 256 total servers may be controlled from a single keyboard, mouse and monitor.
To simplify installation and to keep track of so many servers a custom ASIC (patent pending) provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each KVM station in the chain.
A front panel USB port provides server access to USB devices such as hard drives, or CDROMs, eliminating the need to physically connect a storage device to a server to install patches or updates.
CS1708A will accommodate either PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice, and will connect to a mixture of PS/2 and USB servers.*
Features and Benefits
• A single console controls up to 8 computers
• Daisy-chain up to 31 additional units – control up to 256 computers from a single console
• Front accessible USB port allows each computer to access USB peripherals*
• Dual Interface –supports computers and console with PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice
• Multi-platform support – Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Linux, Mac, and Sun
• Display Emulation Technology – stores the console monitor's EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) to optimize display resolution
• Auto PS/2 and USB interface detection
• USB / PS/2 keyboard and mouse emulation – computers boot even when the console focus is elsewhere
• Video resolution up to 2048x1536; DDC2B
• No software required – convenient computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys and multilingual on-screen display (OSD) menus
• Auto-senses station's position on daisy-chained installations; no need for manual dip switch setting; front panel LED indicates station's position
• Port names automatically reconfigured when station sequence is changed
• Two level password security; only authorized users view and control computers; up to four users and an administrator with separate profiles for each
• Auto Scan feature for monitoring user-selected computers
• Broadcast mode; operations simultaneously performed on all selected computers
• Hot pluggable – add or remove computers without having to power down the switch
• Buzzer on/off via hotkey and OSD
• Firmware upgrades to all the chained KVM switches at the same time via the daisy-chain cable
• Rack mountable in 19" system rack (1U)
1x CS1708A KVM Switch
2x Custom KVM Cable Sets (2L5202P/2L5202U)
1x Console Cable
1x Firmware Upgrade Cable
1x Standard Rack Mounting Kit
1x Grounding Wire
1x Foot Pad Set (4 pcs)
1x Power Adapter
1x User Manual
1x Quick Start Guide
* The USB peripheral port will only work with USB connected servers on the same tier.