Copyright © 2023 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
4K 18G HDMI over 230 feet (70 m) CAT-5e/6 extender (transmitter/receiver set)
with HDR, power over CATx, HDMI pass-through, IR or RS-232
Key Digital® KD-X444LP is a 4K/Ultra-HD 18Gbps, HDCP 2.2 compliant HDMI over CAT-5e/6 transmitter plus receiver set for extension of digital video signals with the latest standards in resolution, HDR, and Chroma over a single CATx cable.
KD-X444LP extends video resolutions up to 4096x2160 at 60hz with 4:4:4 chroma sub-sampling over a single CAT-5e/6 cable up to 230 feet (70 m) or up to 328 feet (100 m) when using CAT-6a STP cabling.
The transmitter unit features an HDMI pass-thru port for integration with local monitors or AV receivers. In addition to HDMI AV, KD-X444LP carries IR or RS-232 for controlling remotely located equipment. An IR sensor and IR emitter are included, and the transmitter unit's IR input port supports serial IR input directly from a control system / IR block.
With power over CAT (PoC), only one power supply is needed, and it may be connected at either unit for ease of installation.
KD-X444LP features Key Digital's proprietary Full Buffer Technology software suite, with EDID handshake management, fixed hot plug detection, HDCP authentication to the connected source, and TMDS signal reclocking for installation with long cabling or many connectivity layers.
In addition to mounting with the supplied L-brackets, multiple KD-X444LP units may be mounted in KD-SMS16 using the side mounting screws (see listing below).
Features and Benefits
• Single CAT-5e/6 UTP/STP Extension: Fully automatic equalization, and amplification depending on cabling length.
• 4K Resolution Support: 4096x2160 or 3840x2160 24/25/30/60hz at 4:4:4 (signals up to 18Gbps bandwidth).
• Flexible Power over CAT (PoC): Only one power connection needed. transmitter may power receiver, or receiver may power transmitter.
• Visually Lossless Compression: 18G enabling technology applied to all video formats exceeding 10.2Gbps to accommodate transmission channel.
• Low Profile: Super slim chassis design.
• Signal Extension: For resolution and cable quality
o 4K/Ultra-HD (18G) with CAT-5e/6: Up to 230 feet / 70 m; CAT-6a STP: Up to 328 feet / 100 m
o 1080p with CAT-5e/6: Up to 230 ft / 70 m; CAT-6a STP: Up to 328 feet / 100 m
• 10G Pass-thru: Mode enables uncompressed 10.2Gbps signal extension.
• HDR10 (High Dynamic Range): More life-like images through a greater range of luminance.
• HDCP 2.2: Compliancy up to HDCP 2.x and backward compliant
• Deep Color Support: Up to Ultra-HD/4K 30Hz 4:4:4/12 bits or 60Hz 4:4:4/8 bit
• IR Sensor: Sensor powering via +5V on IR In ports collects line-of-sight IR from remote(s) without external IR connecting block.
• Up/Down IR: Two channels of IR enable control to/from devices or control systems connected to transmitter and receiver units.
• RS-232: Bi-Directional control to/from transmitter and receiver unit on Phoenix connector..
• Full Buffer Technology: Key Digital's proprietary suite of EDID, HDCP, TMDS, and HPD management to overcome Pro AV installation obstacles.
• EDID Management: Internal library with 14 internal EDID handshakes including 4K with HDR in addition to native EDID data copied from CAT-5e/6 or HDMI pass-thru outputs.
• HDCP Authentication: HDCP sources are authenticated by HDCP key on transmit unit, for one-to-one topology.
• Hot Plug Detection Control: Enables integrator to choose if active signal voltage is forced to connected display/output device.
• TMDS Re-Clocking: Re-generation of TMDS (AV signal) channel data at Transmit unit for brand new AV signal.
• Surround Audio Support: On HDMI pass-thru and Ultra-HDoTP outputs:
o HDMI Pass-Thru: Supports Dolby®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS™ and DTS-HD™ (formats up to 7.1)
o CAT-5e/6 Output: Supports Dolby®, DTS™ (formats up to 5.1/6.1)
1x 12V/2A, 24W DC Power Supply (Screw-In Type) SKU: KD-PS12V2ASC
4x Mounting Brackets
1x IR Emitter
1x IR Sensor