Copyright © 2021 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
EXT-UHD600-41: Route four HDMI 2.0 Ultra-HD sources to a 4K display
with HDCP 2.2 and auto-switching, at 60Hz 4:4:4
Designing systems capable of distributing 4K Ultra High Definition media requires support for the content of today, and headroom for the content of tomorrow. This eliminates wiring complexity and clutter between the equipment rack and the display.
Gefen's 4K Ultra-HD 600 MHz 4x1 Switcher w/ HDR takes HDMI 2.0 to its highest specification of 4K 60Hz at 4:4:4 chroma subsampling, along with HDR (High Dynamic Range) support. It goes beyond the requirements of a typical 4K system, delivering stunning Ultra-HD and DCI/Cinema picture up to 4096x2160 pixels at 60 frames per second without subsampling color. This ensures that the scene shown on the display is every bit as brilliant as the picture that the camera captured.
HDR lets every subtle nuanced gradation of each pixel play out across the screen in immersive clarity. It creates a seamless bridge between the digital media of yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Supporting the digital rights management standard for Ultra High Definition content, HDCP 2.2, as well as the legacy HDCP 1.4, EXT-UHD600-41 can handle the signal routing needs for both existing and new components in commercial AV and residential systems.
Highest performance multichannel digital audio including 7.1 channels of LPCM and HBR (High Bit Rate) digital audio formats such as Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, and DTS-HD Master Audio™ are also supported.
This 4x1 switcher has been designed with ease of use in mind, including powerful control features such as a configurable Automatic Input Switching system. Automatic Input Switching selects the most recent connected or powered-up source, therefore minimizing unnecessary end-user interaction. It also features flexible and powerful control options including the front-panel, IR, RS-232, Telnet/UDP, and Gefen's intuitive web server interface.
Gefen's exclusive Long Reach Power (LRP) feature provides 5V at 500 mA (as opposed to HDMI standard 55 mA) on pin 18 of the HDMI output. This enhanced current capability enables select extender devices to be powered through their HDMI input port without the need for an external power supply.
Gefen's EXT-UHD600-41 has been designed to work with Gefen's Syner-G™ software suite. Initial IP configuration can be performed quickly and easily using the Gefen Syner-G™'s Discovery and Show-Me features.
Gefen EXT-UHD600-41 features a low profile, compact, and surface-mountable enclosure that can fit in tight places. The small enclosure and the included IR Extender module allow this switcher to be hidden away behind the display or in an equipment closet. This product also accommodates Gefen locking HDMI cables for secure connections.
Features and Benefits
• Routes up to four Ultra Hi-Def sources to one Ultra-HD display
• Supports resolutions up to 4K DCI-Cinema (4096x2160 at 60Hz, 4:4:4), 4K Ultra-HD (3860x2160 at 60Hz, 4:4:4), 1080p Full HD, and 1920x1200 (WUXGA)
• Supports HDCP 2.2 and 1.4
• Supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) 10-bit Deep Color at 4K 60Hz 4:2:0 and 4K 24Hz 4:4:4
• Supports 12-bit Deep Color at 1080p 60Hz 4:4:4
• 3DTV pass-through
• Lip Sync pass-through
• Advanced EDID and HDCP Management via Web server Interface for rapid integration of sources and display
• Supports uncompressed LPCM digital audio up to 7.1 channels
• Supports up to 7.1 channels of HBR (High Bit Rate) digital audio including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, and DTS-HD Master Audio™
• Supports the use of DVI sources and DVI displays up to 1080p Full HD and 1920x1200 (WUXGA), with HDMI-to-DVI adapters (not included)
• Configurable Automatic Input Switching selects the most recent connected or powered-up source
• Front Panel Push button Input Selector routes one of the 4 connected sources to the display, or “Blocks” (turns off) the input
• RS-232 Serial interface for use with an automation control system
• IP control via Telnet, UDP, and the built-in web server interface
• IR remote control
• Small surface-mountable IR Extender module allows the switcher to be hidden away behind the display or in the equipment closet
• Gefen Syner-G™ software's Discovery and Show-Me features simplify initial IP configuration
• In-field firmware update via Web Server Interface
• Long Reach Power (LRP) provides 500 mA at 5V on pin 18 of HDMI output. Enables select extender devices to be powered through their HDMI input port
• Locking power connector ensures reliable operation
• Low-profile, surface-mountable enclosure can be surface mounted, placed on a shelf, or hidden away behind the display
1x Ultra-HD 600 MHz 4x1 Switcher for HDMI w/ HDR
1x 5V Power Supply w US/EU/UK/AU plugs
1x IR Extender Module (EXT-RMT-EXTIRN)
1x Hand-held IR Remote
2x Surface Mounting L-Brackets
4x M3 6 mm Machine screws for mounting the L-Brackets to unit
2x 6-32 5 mm Machine screws for mounting the unit to Gefen EXT-RACK-1U-GRY (available separately)
4x Self-Adhesive Rubber Feet
1x Quick-Start Guide