Copyright © 2020 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
16-port CAT-5 dual-rail 17" LCD KVM over IP switch
with shared local/remote user access and a daisy-chain port
KL1516AiM dual-rail LCD KVM switch is a control unit that allows secure access up to 16 computers from a single KVM (keyboard, video, and mouse) console. It consists of an integrated LCD monitor, keyboard, and touchpad in a 1U rack-mountable retractable sliding housing.
The LCD and keyboard/touchpad modules slide independently of each other. To maximize space in your data center, the keyboard/touchpad module slides back to "hide away" when not in use, while the thin profile LCD monitor rotates back - flush against the rack - allowing convenient monitoring of computer activity.
KL1516AiM features IP-based connectivity that allows local and remote operators to monitor and access the computers on your installation. Because it uses TCP/IP for its communications protocol, KL1516AiM can be accessed from any computer on the LAN, WAN, or Internet - whether that computer is located down the hall, down the street, or halfway around the world.
Compact, high-density, RJ-45 connectors and CAT-5e/6 cable make for a compact, efficient, wiring configuration, while the use of KVM adapter cables (dongles) to link to the computers, permits any combination of PCs, Macs, Sun computers, and serial devices to coexist on the installation.
For added convenience, ports for an external keyboard, monitor, and mouse are provided on the rear panel - permitting you to manage the switch from a local console. There is also an external USB mouse port on the keyboard module, allowing you to use an external mouse, rather than the touchpad.
Enhanced features include a Panel Array Mode™ that displays the video output of up to 16 computers at the same time, and a Message Board that allows logged in users to conveniently and instantly communicate with one other - no matter where in the world they actually are.
KL1516AiM is an ideal solution for your server room management.
KL1516AiM provides a streamlined method to conserve server room rack space by integrating a retractable LCD monitor, keyboard, and touchpad in a 1U dual-rail housing that is designed to install easily and operate smoothly.
The dual-rail system separates the LCD module from keyboard/touchpad module so they can move independently of each other. This allows the keyboard/touchpad to be pushed back into the housing and out of the way when not in use, while the LCD screen can be rotated up to the rack for convenient monitoring of server operation - the LCD module's range of rotation is adjustable to provide the best viewing angle.
Enhanced Console Control
The extra console ports provide administrators with the ability to use a standard keyboard/monitor/mouse console, if they like. Other, even more powerful options for the external console ports are to connect a KVM extender.
KL1516AiM features RJ-45 connectors and CAT-5e/6 cable to link to the computers. Utilizing PS/2, USB, and serial KVM adapter cables (dongles) for the final linkup, KL1516AiM reduces cable bulk and simplifies cable management.
Adapter Cables (dongles) with ID
KL1516AiM supports automatic ID recognition of the new ATEN KVM cable adapter (dongles) KA7000 series. Using the new adapter cables (dongles) with ID means it is not required to change cable configuration settings when moving cables from port to port- allowing you to hot-swap port connections without having to reconfigure attributes.
Panel Array Mode™
Panel Array Mode™ permits simultaneous monitoring of the video output of the installations' servers. Operators can monitor the screen display of up to 8 servers for real-time server monitoring.
Blade Server Support
Support for blade server associations with KVM switch ports - allows the blade server chassis and individual blades to be integrated into the sidebar tree view for easy access.
Automatically synchronizes the local and remote mouse movements for perfect alignment of mouse pointers, regardless of server mouse acceleration settings.
To alleviate the problem of access conflicts arising from multiple logins, the Message Board functions like an Internet chat program, allowing users who are logged in to instantly communicate with each other.
• Computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys, and multilingual onscreen display (OSD) menu
• Multi-language keyboard support includes English (US); English (UK); French, German, German (Swiss), Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Traditional Chinese.
• Exclusive LED illumination light - designed by ATEN to illuminate the keyboard and touchpad to allow visibility in low-light conditions
• Integrated KVM console with 17" LED-backlit LCD monitor in a dual-rail housing
• A single console controls up to 16 computers
• Daisy chain up to 15 additional KVM switches to control up to 256 computers*
• One bus for remote KVM over IP access
• Space-saving RJ-45 connectors and CAT-5e/6 cabling
• KVM adapter cables (dongles) designed with automatic conversion to allow flexible interface combinations (PS/2, USB, Sun and serial) to control all computer types
• Extra console port - manage computers in the LCD KVM switch from an external console (monitor, USB or PS/2 keyboard, and USB or PS/2 mouse)
• Multiplatform support: PC, Mac, Sun and Serial
• Supports external USB mouse
• Dual-rail housing is slightly less than 1U with top and bottom clearance for smooth operation in 1U of rack space
• Dual-rail - LCD monitor slides independently of the keyboard/touchpad
• LCD module rotates up to 120 degrees for a more comfortable viewing angle
• Console lock - enables the console drawer to remain securely locked away in position when not in use
• LCD power button helps save energy and prolong display's life
• Up to 64 user accounts
• Up to 32 concurrent logins
• End session feature - administrators can terminate any running session
• Adapter ID - stores port information allowing administrators to relocate servers to different ports, without having to reconfigure the adapters and switch
• Port Share Mode allows multiple users to gain access to a server simultaneously
• Remote power control for attached Power Over the NET™ devices
• Integration with ALTUSEN CC2000 Management software
• Event logging and Windows-based Log Server support
• Local Log Event
• Firmware upgradeable
• IPv6 capable
• Easy computer selection via pushbuttons, Hotkey Mode, OSD (OnScreen Display), and Browser-based GUI
• Local Console, Browser, and AP GUIs offer a unified multi language interface to minimize user training time and increase productivity
• Multiplatform client support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Sun)
• Multi-browser support: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape
• Browser-based UI in pure Web technology allows administrators to perform administrative tasks without the need for Java to be pre-installed
• Panel Array Mode™
• Keyboard broadcast (local console) - keyboard input can be duplicated on all the attached servers
• Remote authentication support: RADIUS, LDAP, LDAPS, and MS Active Directory
• Supports TLS 1.2 data encryption and RSA 2048-bit certificates to secure users log in from browser
• Flexible encryption design allows users to choose any combination of 56-bit DES, 168-bit 3DES 256-bit AES, 256-bit RC4, or Random for independent KB/Mouse, and video data encryption
• IP/MAC Filter support for enhanced security protection
• Configurable user and group permissions for server access and control
Virtual Remote Desktop
• Video quality and video tolerance can be adjusted to optimize data transfer speed; monochrome color depth setting, threshold and noise settings for compression of the data bandwidth in low bandwidth situations
• Full-screen or sizable and scalable Virtual Remote Desktop
• Message board feature allows logged in users to communicate with each other
• Mouse DynaSync™ - automatically synchronizes the local and remote mouse movements
• On-screen keyboard with multi language support
• BIOS-level access
• Keyboard Language support: English (US), English (UK), French, German, German (Swiss), Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Traditional Chinese
1x KL1516AiM dual-rail LCD KVM switch
1x Power Cord
1x Standard Rack Mount Kit
1x Firmware Upgrade Cable
1x User Instructions
Cables not included - see listing of compatible cables and dongles
* Compatible KVM switches: KH1508A/KH1516A, KH0116, ACS1208A/ACS1216A, CS1708A/CS1716A, KH1508/KH1516