Copyright © 2021 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
EXT-UHD600A-44: Route four 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 sources to any combination of up to four 4K 60Hz 4:4:4 displays
with audio de-embedding, HDR, HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliance
Gefen UHD 600 MHz product family takes the HDMI 2.0 platform to its highest level by enabling AV distribution at full specification of 4K 60 Hz at 4:4:4 chroma subsampling, along with HDR support. High Dynamic Range (HDR) delivers greater contrast between light and dark areas of a video image, resulting in tremendous improvement in picture quality and color depth. 600 MHz TMDS clock and 18 Gbps data throughput capability are standard on all models. All products are compliant with the latest HDCP 2.2 protocol and meet all the specifications of HDMI 2.0a standard, including the pass-through of 7.1 channels of LPCM and HBR (High Bit Rate digital audio).
Gefen 4K Ultra-HD 600 MHz 4x4 matrix for HDMI routes signal from up to four 4K sources to up to four 4K displays or video zones. Reinforcing its commitment to provide commercial integrators with cutting-edge audio/video signal processing solutions, Gefen's 4K Ultra-HD 600 MHz 4x4 matrix for HDMI supports 18.2 Gbps of bandwidth and 600 MHz TMDS clock frequency, the highest specified under the HDMI 2.0 standard.
Gefen's EXT-UHD600 series takes HDMI 2.0 to its highest specification of 4K 60 Hz at 4:4:4 chroma subsampling, along with HDR (High Dynamic Range) support. They go beyond the requirements of typical 4K systems, delivering stunning Ultra-HD and DCI/Cinema picture up to 4096 x 2160 pixels at 60 frames per second without subsampling color.
Support for HDCP 2.2 and 1.4
EXT-UHD600 product line creates a seamless bridge between the digital media of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Supporting the digital rights management standard for Ultra High Definition content, HDCP 2.2, as well as the legacy HDCP 1.4, Gefen's EXT-UHD600 products can handle the signal routing needs for both existing and new components in commercial and residential AV systems.
Video support and scaling
Full bandwidth support allows Gefen's Ultra-HD 600MHz 4x4 matrix switch to accommodate resolutions up to 4K Cinema-DCI (4096x2160 up to 60 Hz 4:4:4), and 4K Ultra-HD (3860x2160 up to 60 Hz, 4:4:4) along with HDR (High Dynamic Range). This ensures that the scene shown on the display is every bit as brilliant as the picture that the camera captured. HDR lets every subtle nuanced gradation of each pixel play out across the screen in immersive clarity.
Gefen's Ultra-HD 600MHz series creates a seamless bridge between the digital media of yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Supporting the digital rights management standard for Ultra High Definition content, HDCP 2.2, as well as the legacy HDCP 1.4, Gefen's Ultra-HD 600MHz series of products can handle the signal routing needs for both existing and new digital AV components in commercial AV systems.
Gefen 4x4 matrix also supports 1080p Full HD, 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA), 3DTV, and Deep Color (up to 1080p resolution). Thanks to independent scalers built into each output, two of the outputs on EXT-UHD600A-44 can downscale a 4K signal to 1080p Full HD, while the other two outputs can upscale an HD signal to 4K Ultra-HD, maximizing compatibility in a mixed resolution display system.
Recognizing that audio is just as important as video, it features analog and digital audio outputs that break out the audio stream (2 channel analog, 2 channel PCM, and up to 5.1 channel Bitstream) from each HDMI source, allowing the de-embedded audio content to be sent to external amplifiers and music distribution systems for added impact in bars, restaurants, clubs, venues, and corporate offices. In addition, highest performance multichannel digital audio including 7.1 channels of LPCM and HBR (High Bit Rate) digital audio formats, such as Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X, and DTS-HD Master Audio are passed through from the sources to the HDMI outputs.
Enhancing the commercial integrator's experience
Two USB ports have been included on the back panel to supply power to sources such as streaming sticks.
A comprehensive API facilitates enhanced functionality with third-party control systems, creating exciting interface possibilities.
Gefen's Long Range Power (LRP) feature provides extra current through the HDMI connector, and eliminates the need for an external power supply when using a compatible product.
This product has been designed to work with the Gefen Syner-G™ software to simplify initial IP configuration and EDID Management.
Each source can be routed to any or all displays, using the front-panel push buttons or the included handheld IR Remote Control. The matrix can also be controlled via RS-232, Telnet, UDP, and Gefen's intuitive and easy-to-use web server interface.
Gefen EXT-UHD600A-44 matrix features a 1U tall, rack-mountable enclosure that can also be placed on a shelf. It accommodates Gefen locking HDMI cables to ensure secure connections.
Features and Benefits
• Routes four 4K sources to four 4K displays
• Supports resolutions up to 4K Cinema-DCI (4096x2160 up to 60 Hz, 4:4:4), 4K Ultra-HD (3860x2160 up to 60 Hz, 4:4:4) with HDR, 1080p Full HD, and WUXGA (1920x1200)
• Supports HDCP 2.2 and 1.4
• Supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) 10-bit Deep Color at 4K 60 Hz 4:2:0 and 4K 24 Hz 4:4:4
• Supports 12-bit Deep Color at 1080p Full HD (60 Hz 4:4:4)
• 3DTV pass-through
• Lip Sync pass-through
• EDID management for rapid integration of source and displays
• Supports uncompressed LPCM digital audio up to 7.1 channels
• Supports up to 7.1 channels of HBR (High Bit Rate) digital audio including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, and DTS-HD Master Audio™
• Supports the use of DVI sources and DVI displays up to 1080p Full HD and WUXGA (1920x1200), with Gefen CAB-DVI2-HDMI-LCK DVI-to-HDMI cables (not included)
• Built-in audio de-embedders break out 2 channel analog, 2 channel PCM, and up to 5.1 channels of Bitstream audio from each HDMI output, allowing the audio content to be sent to external amplifiers and music distribution systems for added impact
• 4 independent scalers allow upscaling from 1080p to 4K on two outputs and downscaling from 4K to 1080p on the other two, maximizing compatibility in a mixed-resolution display system
• 2 USB power ports for use with sources requiring a USB power supply
• Enhanced API facilitates added functionality with third-party control systems
• Long Reach Power (LRP) provides 500 mA at 5V on pin 18 of HDMI outputs 1 and 2. Enables select extender devices to be powered through their HDMI input port
• Locking power connector
• Push button controls
• RS-232 serial control interface for use with a third-party controller
• IP control via Telnet, UDP, and the built-in web server interface
• IR remote control
• Gefen Syner-G™ software simplifies initial IP configuration and EDID management
• Field-updatable firmware via web server interface
• 1 U tall enclosure, rack ears included
• Can be placed on a shelf or mounted in a standard 19-inch wide rack
In the Box
1x 4K Ultra-HD 600 MHz 4x4 matrix
1x 24V DC Power Supply (EXT-PS24U-O or EXT-PS24U-O-6)
1x AC Power Cord
2x Rack Ears
4x Machine screws for Rack Ears
4x Self-Adhesive Rubber-Feet
1x IR Extender (EXT-RMT-EXTIRN)
1x IR Remote (RMT-44A)
1x Quick-Start Guide