Copyright © 2022 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
Secure (PPs 4.0) DisplayPort KVM Switches
Secure 2- and 4-port, 4K DisplayPort KVM switches w/ optional CAC support, compliant with PSD PP v4.0 (protection profile for peripheral sharing switch) security requirements
Read more below...
Secure 2- and 4-port, 4K DisplayPort KVM switches with optional CAC support
compliant with PSD PP v4.0 (protection profile for peripheral sharing switch, version 4.0) security requirements
• Always-on chassis intrusion detection – renders the ATEN PSS PP v4.0 secure KVM switches inoperable when physical tampering is detected
• Configurable device filtering – supports administrative configuration to filter specific USB authentication devices and USB HID devices
• Superior video quality – up to 4K (3840x2160 @ 30Hz)
ATEN secure KVM switches are specifically designed to enforce stringent desktop security by keeping sensitive assets isolated while providing advanced user data protection and flexible administrative security management features. They are suitable for deployment in any industry that needs to handle sensitive, confidential, or proprietary information, or implement multi-level security on separate networks, such as government and military agencies, healthcare providers, banking and finance institutions, and more.
ATEN secure KVM switches are NIAP1-certified and compliant with NIAP PPv4.0 (Protection Profile for Peripheral Sharing Device version 4.0) requirements, satisfying the latest security requisites set by the U.S. Department of Defense for peripheral sharing devices. Compliance ensures maximum information security while sharing a single set of USB2 keyboard/mouse, monitor, speakers and optional common access card (CAC) reader between multiple computers.
Conformity with Protection Profile v4.0 certifies that other USB peripherals cannot be connected to the console ports of the secure KVM switches, and that only a keyboard and mouse are accommodated, therefore providing high-level security, protection and safekeeping of data.
ATEN secure KVM switches hardware security includes tamper-evident tape, chassis intrusion detection, and tamper-proof hardware, while software security features include restricted USB connectivity – non-HIDs (human interface devices) are ignored when switching, an isolated channel per port that makes it impossible for data to be transferred between secure and unsecure computers, and automatic clearing of the keyboard and mouse buffer when switching port focus.
By combining physical security with controlled USB connectivity and controlled unidirectional data flow from devices to connected computers only, ATEN secure KVM switches offer you the means to consolidate multiple workstations of various security classification levels with one keyboard, monitor and mouse (KVM) console.
ATEN PSD PP v4.0 secure KVM switches are specifically designed to meet the stringent security requirement of secure defense and intelligence installations. ATEN PSD PP v4.0 secure KVM switches are compliant with PSD PP v4.0 (Protection Profile for Peripheral Sharing Device, Version 4.0) standard certified by the National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP), assuring maximum information security by isolating computer sources and peripherals while sharing a single set of keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers and optional common access card (CAC) reader between connected computers of various security classifications.
ATEN PSD PP v4.0 secure KVM switches provides isolation between computer sources and peripherals while sharing a single keyboard, mouse, monitor, speaker set and optional common access card (CAC) reader between connected computers of various security classifications. Compliance with PSD PP v4.0 ensures peripheral sharing capabilities provide maximum user data security when switching port focus, preventing unauthorized data flows or leakage between connected sources.
ATEN secure KVM switches (PSD PP v4.0) provides key protections including isolation and unidirectional data flow, restricted peripheral connectivity and filtering, user data protection, configurable device filtering and management, and always-on tamper-proof design, which keeps sensitive assets isolated and provides advanced security and a user friendly design for instantly secure deployment.
To enhance security, ATEN PSD PP v4.0 secure KVM switches only offers manual switching methods including front panel pushbuttons and optional remote port selector (RPS). With multi–layered security, ATEN PSD PP v4.0 secure KVM switches ensure high-level desktop security and data safekeeping for applications such as government and military agencies, healthcare providers, banking and finance institutions, and other organizations that often handle sensitive or confidential data on separate networks.
• Always-on chassis intrusion detection – renders the ATEN PSD PP v4.0 secure KVM switches inoperable when physical tampering is detected
• Tamper-evident labels – provides visual indication of any attempt to access the ATEN PSD PP v4.0 secure KVM switches's internal components
• Non-reprogrammable firmware – prevents reprogramming the ATEN PSD PP v4.0 secure KVM switches's firmware
• Restricted peripheral connectivity – non-authorized HIDs (human interface devices) and video are rejected
• Port selection via pushbuttons and/or optional remote port selector (RPS) only, to enhance security
• LED indicators for peripheral filtering and KVM security status
• Strict audio filtration protects against audio leakage
• Rugged metal enclosure
Data Channel Isolation and Unidirectional Data Flow
• True data path isolation – data cannot be transferred between computers
• ATEN PSD PP v4.0 secure KVM switches controls and isolates data flow between console devices and connected computers
• Unidirectional data flow between console devices and the selected computer is ensured
• Supports analog audio (speakers only)*
User Data Protection
• ATEN PSD PP v4.0 secure KVM switches's keyboard/mouse data is automatically deleted after transmission and automatically purged when the KVM port focus is switched
• Supports administrative configuration of CAC port filtering to accept or reject specific USB authentication devices
• Supports administrative configuration of keyboard/mouse ports filtering to reject specific USB HID devices
• Provides administrative functions for authorized administrators to audit KVM log data
• Supports enable/disable CAC function by port
Superior Video Quality
• Superior video quality – up to 4K (3840x2160 @ 30Hz)
• Video DynaSync™ – exclusive ATEN technology eliminates boot-up display problems and optimizes resolutions when switching among different sources
CS1182DP4: 2 ports
CS1182DP4C: 2 ports; common access card (CAC) reader support
CS1184DP4: 4 ports
CS1184DP4C: 4 ports; common access card (CAC) reader support
* Only analog speakers data input is supported. ATEN PSS PP v4.0 secure KVM switches do not convert digital audio to analog audio.
1. The National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) is a United States government initiative to meet the security testing needs of IT consumers and manufacturers. It is operated by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
2. USB 1.1 for keyboard/mouse connections, and USB 2.0 for CAC reader connection.