Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
VGA, fully transparent low/full speed USB and audio dual-access KVM extender
over a single CATx cable
AdderLink X50 is a link transparent USB and high performance video extender that delivers bright, sharp, high quality video at up to 1920x1200 together with 44.1kHz digital stereo audio over a single CATx cable.
AdderLink X50 has been designed for use in applications where a computer can have its USB peripherals including keyboards and mouse (and other USB peripherals such as graphics tablets and USB drives), high quality video and audio control extended up to 165 feet across CAT-5 or higher UTP cable.
AdderLink X50 uses Adder's unique USB extension technology to extend USB transparently up to 165 feet AdderLink X50 provides sharp, bright and ultra high-resolution video over a VGA interface and ensures total USB compatibility regardless of the computer being controlled or the peripheral being extended.
Beyond more traditional uses, AdderLink X50 is ideal for interactive digital signage applications such as point-of-sale and touch screen kiosks.
To ensure maximum video performance, AdderLink X50 allows very smooth and fine picture adjustments to be made.
For maximum flexibility, local control of extended computers through a local video and audio output at the transmitter unit is also possible.
AdderLink X50 provides true Display Data Channel (DDC) emulation, ensuring all possible resolutions are supported and the video card is always perfectly set up.
AdderLink X50 is platform independent and is desk, shelf or rack mountable for added flexibility, up to 16 units can be fitted into a 2U frame for rack mount applications.
Features and Benefits
• Fully transparent low/full speed USB: Utilising a unique method of USB communication, the AdderLink X50 delivers the highest possible levels of USB compatibility. With an integrated 4 port hub the X50 supports all USB 1.1 and 2.0 low/full speed devices.
• Video performance: Crisp, clear and industry leading video quality at very high resolutions of 1920x1200 to 50m (165 feet)
• Video compensation: The AdderLink X50 allows for a great range of very smooth and fine adjustments enabling the user to adjust the video picture to their exact preference.
• True DDC Emulation: Unless an extender actively supports DDC some high performance video cards cannot be used at high resolutions. The AdderLink X50 fully supports 2-page DDC ensuring all possible resolutions are supported.
• Fully platform independent: As the AdderLink X50 supports fully transparent USB connections it is able to support all common hardware platforms including PC, Sun and MAC and their associated peripherals.
• Digital audio: Adder's unique digital transmission of audio signals means the AdderLink X50 delivers clickless, 44.1kHz CD quality, stereo audio without the need for an additional CATx cable.
• Dual Access: For local control of extended computers the AdderLink X50 provides both a local video and audio output at the transmitter unit. (USB devices can be plugged directly into the computer).
• Extended common mode input range: To ensure full operation in all environments and avoid problems such as screen blanking in industrial environments caused for example by large electrical equipment switching, the AdderLink X50 implements a special termination system that allows the common mode range to be extended.
• High density rack mount option: Being part of Adder's X series range of KVM extenders, the AdderLink X50 units can be mounted into a chassis that will allow 16 units to be housed in 2U of rack space.
Local module power
In the majority of installations, the local module will derive all of its power successfully from the USB link with the computer system. However, if insufficient voltage is available from the computer system, the green indicator adjacent to the link connector will flash. If this occurs (or if you do not intend to use the USB connection with the computer) you will need to purchase and use a power supply identical to the one used for the remote module (part number: PSU-IEC-5VDC-2.5A).
1x X50 local module
1x X50 remote module
1x USB (A to B type) cable
1x VGA Video cable (male to male)
1x Power adapter and U.S. power lead (for remote module)
1x Audio cable (3.5mm jacks)
8x Self adhesive feet