Copyright © 2017 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
RAV-IPDS-CAT-EXT: AV-over-IP CAT-5 extender package
with RAV-IP encoder and decoder
Raritan's AV-over-IP (RAV-IP) distribution system provides economical, high performance video and audio streaming via HDMI video and audio, USB, IR and serial. Use inexpensive CAT-5/6 or long-distance fiber optic cabling.
RAV-IP provides AV/IP connections for HDMI video, audio, KVM/USB, infrared (IR) and serial control. RAV-IP is an encoder/decoder based A/V system with Ethernet/IP distribution and switching, using CAT-5/6 cable or optional fiber connections. RAV-IP supports digital signage, AV and KVM applications, and can also functions as a CAT-5 or fiber extender.
The simple encoder and decoder based system can be installed in minutes using low cost CAT-5/6 cable, fiber, and Gigabit Ethernet switches. This flexible system supports point-to-point extension, distribution, multi-casting and switching.
RAV-IP is perfect for many small and mid-sized applications like: digital signage and video distribution, corporate lobbies and conference rooms, hospitality and retail, entertainment and broadcast, rental and staging, education, houses of worship, control rooms, transportation and energy.
• Easy to Install: Use standard IP and Ethernet technologies to install RAV-IP's encoder and decoder based system. RAV-IP automatically sets IP addresses for a quick and easy setup.
• High Performance Video-over-IP: Enjoy beautiful 1080p streaming video at up to 60 frames-per-second with low latency and minimum bandwidth. Also supports 720p 3D and 1920x1200 formats.
• Easy to Expand: When you're ready to expand, simply add more encoders and decoders and assign inputs to outputs – that's it!
• Connect via Fiber or CAT-5/6: RAV-IP supports inexpensive and flexible CAT-5/6 cabling, as well as fiber for longer distances of up to 10km!
• Multiple Video Options: Supports common video formats such as: 1080p, 1920x1200 (WUXGA) and 720p 3D video.
• High-Quality Audio: Both HDMI and PC audio is supported, including audio formats such as: LPCM, DTSTM & Dolby® Audio Up to 7.1 channels.
• Simple Control Options: Switch channels via rotary dial or remote control; AV devices via IR or serial; Computers via USB keyboard and mouse.
• Low Cost IP Networking: Use flexible, low cost CAT-5/6 cabling and Gigabit Ethernet switches to connect your video sources to displays and projectors. Fiber supports distances up to 10 km.
• USB-Based KVM Control: For PC's, workstations and servers, USB KVM control is available for keyboard and mouse. You can even remotely mount USB devices.
Flexible HD audio and video distribution over IP
Raritan's AV-over-IP distribution system (RAV-IP) provides high performance video and audio distribution via HDMI, USB, IR and serial. The encoder/decoder based system can be installed in mere minutes using low cost CAT-5/6 cable, fiber, and Gigabit Ethernet switches. The system supports point-to-point extension, distribution, multi-casting, and switching.
High performance audio, video, KVM and control
With RAV-IP you can stream 1080p video at up to 60 frames-per-second with low latency and minimum bandwidth. Supported video formats include: 1080p, 720p 3D, 1920x1200 (WUXGA) video. Supported audio formats include: LPCM, DTSTM & Dolby® Audio Up to 7.1 channels.
Connect via CAT-5 cable or fiber
RAV-IP supports both low-cost CAT-5/6 connections, as well as fiber for longer distances up to 10 kilometers. The system is unique in its flexible support for CAT-5 and fiber in a single inexpensive system.
Installation and configuration made easy
To install and configure RAV-IP, connect the encoders and decoders to your input and output devices, and then to a mangaed Gigabit Ethernet switch with CAT-5/6 cabling or fiber. The system can then automatically set the IP addresses, or they can be assigned statically or via DHCP. A web-based GUI available for configuration. Use the channel switches on the encoder/decoders to assign video inputs to outputs. To switch channels, use the included remote control, just like your TV remote control at home! A USB KVM control is also available. No expensive control systems or complex programming required.
Supports a wide range of applications
• Digital Signage
• Video Distribution
• Corporate Lobbies
• Conference Rooms
• Entertainment and Broadcast
• Rental and Staging
• Education Houses of Worship
• Transportation and Energy Control Rooms
Raritan's AV-over-IP distribution system is perfect for small and mid-sized applications because you can quickly set it up with standard products from your local electronics store. USB keyboard and mouse, IR, and serial control are available to support both A/V and computer devices.
Flexible to the max
RAV-IP is the most flexible AV-over-IP system with CAT-5 and fiber connections, for both AV and computer devices. It can function as a CAT-5 KVM extender, fiber KVM extender or a multi-channel video distribution system. Up to 10 Kilometer distances can be supported with the optional single and multimode fiber modules.
• HDMI (audio/video), USB, IR, serial, audio in/out, DVI-I
• High quality 1080p video at up to 60 frames-per-second
• 1080p, 1920x1200 (WUXGA) and 720p 3D video
• HDMI digital & PC analog audio
• Flexible bandwidth usage (5 Mb to 100 Mb)
Flexible IP networking
• Uses CAT-5/6 cabling and Gigabit Ethernet switches
• Optional SFP fiber transceivers for up to 10 km distances
• Encoder & decoder based solution
• Automatically sets IP addresses for fast setup
• Browser-based user interface
Simple control options
• Set channel with simple rotary channel switch
• Switch channels with included remote control
• Control A/V devices via IR or serial
• USB KVM control for keyboard, mouse, touch screen, and USB devices
• Up to two second channel switching
Features and Benefits
• Matrix Switching
• Using a standard managed Ethernet switch, create a scalable and expandable custom KVM and video matrix. This technology runs on standard network infrastructure, enabling flexible distribution and matrix switching combinations. Share and access multiple displays, workstations, and USB 2.0 devices all over a separate or existing LAN
• Easily connect an HD source into a encoder (Tx unit). Then connect this Encoder to your Local Area Network switch. Video and KVM can all be shared anywhere over a LAN with just a Decoder unit (Rx unit) and display or number of Decoder units (Rx units)
• Extension over IP Secure Remote Access
• Real hardware solution to remotely access a computer, over your existing CATx network or Fiber network. Share Video, audio, USB, RS-232, IR and more
• Supports multiple video formats
• HDMI, DVI and VGA can coexist on one network with resolution up to 1080p Full HD and 1920x1080
• Full HD 1080
• Blu-ray quality Full HD 1080p video and 2K
• HDCP supported
• Easily broadcast copy protected content such as from a Blu-ray or set-top box
• USB 2.0 over IP
• High Speed, powered USB so you can easily share devices, such as keyboard, mouse, touch screen and other USB devices, across your network
• RS-232 control and extension
• Have control of displays, switchers, lighting control or other connected RS-232 devices
• IR signals over IP
• Control power, input channel, volume, and more on sources and displays
• AV and KVM over IP extension, distribution, and switching
• High performance HDMI-over-IP with audio, USB, IR and serial
• Supports both CAT-5 and fiber connections
• Installs out of the box with minimal setup requirement
• Uses low cost CAT-5/6 cable, fiber, and Ethernet switches
• Switches with rotary channel switch or included remote control
• Easy to expand - just add additional encoders and decoders
• Does not require an expensive A/V control system
1x RAV-IP Encoder
1x RAV-IP Decoder
2x Power supply
1x IR transmitter cable
1x IR receiver cable
1x Remote control