Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
ST-IPHD-IR-L-LC: Extend 1080p HDMI, multi-channel audio, IR and RS232 over Gigabit Ethernet
up to 328 feet; use with cascaded network switches to extend up to 1000 feet
Note: Remote (receiver) units are purchased separately
• Extend 1080p video, IR and RS232 up to 328 feet via one CATx cable
• Use with cascaded network switches to extend to 1000 feet
• Supports point-to-point, point-to-many and many-to-many connections
• Supports a local HDTV display
XTENDEX® HDMI over Gigabit IP extender extends HDMI signal over just one 100 Ohm CAT-5e/6 cable -- up to 328 feet away.
The extender supports Full HD 1080p resolution. DVI-D computer video can also be transmitted with a DVI-to-HDMI cable or adapter (audio is not included in a DVI-D signal). Maximum screen resolution and system performance is entirely dependent on the bandwidth and features made available to the HDMI over IP extender devices on the local Gigabit network.
By using standard and widely available 100 Ohm CAT-6 cable, the HDMI over IP extender makes HDMI signal networking easier than larger, more expensive HDMI copper cable and more robust than optical fiber cable.
XTENDEX® HDMI over Gigabit IP extender transmits digital HDMI signal, IR, and RS232 to one or more receivers up to 328 feet away over a 1000BaseT Gigabit network connected with CAT-5e/6 cable. Each extender consists of a local unit that connects to an HDMI source, and a remote unit that connects to an HDMI display. The local and remote units can be connected together for a point-to-point connection via CATx or a point-to-many connection via a network switch. Support for multiple transmitters requires a managed network switch with VLAN/IGMP support. Standard LAN switches can only support one transmitter.
The managed switch must support port based IEEE 802.1Q VLAN, IGMP, and permit duplicate IP addresses across the VLAN domains. Each VLAN acts as a separate HDMI Over IP Channel on the network.
Number of local and remote units that can be used is dependent on the backplane bandwidth of the switch, with supports for a maximum of 64 transmitters.
Cascade managed network switches up to 3 levels, allowing the farthest display to be located up to 1000 feet away from the source device. Each receiver can be located up to 328 feet away. Configure the DIP switch on a transmitter and use the included IR remote control to select the source to be displayed from the receiver. LED display on remote unit identifies which source device channel the receiver is set to display.
For a point-to-many connection, a standalone network with an unmanaged network switch, hub, or router can be used instead of a managed network switch. It is not recommended to use any other network devices on this standalone network as it may cause degradation in performance. Local and remote units must be in the same LAN. The units do not support WAN connections.
Point to Point
The HDMI over IP extender system consists of a Transmitter and a Receiver (sold separately). The HDMI source (set-top box, DVD/BluRay player, gaming console, etc.) connects to the Transmitter unit. The Receiver unit connects to the HDTV display in the same way. One 100 Ohm CAT-5e/6 cable (up to 100 meters long) links the Transmitter and Receiver. Power is applied to the Transmitter and Receiver with 5V DC power supply (included). High Definition picture and Sound are then transmitted into the HDTV screen. HDMI source device can also be controlled remotely using the built-in IR repeater in the system at the Receiver side.
Point to Multi-Point
The HDMI source connects to Transmitter unit via a high quality HDMI cable. 100 Ohm CAT-5e/6 cables (each up to 100 meters in length) link the Transmitter and Receivers via a Gigabit Full Duplex network switch. The Receiver units connect to each of the HDTV displays via a high quality HDMI cable. Power is applied to the Transmitters and Receivers with 5V DC power supply (included). High Definition picture and sound are then transmitted into the HDTV screens, provided each receiver unit which is set to the required source channel (remote control supplied). HDMI source devices can also be controlled remotely using the built in IR repeater in the HDMI over IP extender system at Receiver side.
Multi-Point to Multi-Point
The HDMI source devices connect to each Transmitter unit (64 Max) via a high quality HDMI cable. 100Ohm CAT-6 cables (each up to 100 meters in length) link the Transmitters and Receivers via a Gigabit Full Duplex network switch that must support IGMP functionality. The Receiver units connect to each of the HDTV displays via a high quality HDMI cable. Power is applied to the Transmitters and Receivers with 5V DC power supply (included). High Definition picture and Sound are then transmitted into the HDTV screens, provided each receiver unit is set to the required source channel (remote control supplied). HDMI source devices can also be controlled remotely using the built in IR repeater in the HDMI over IP extender system at Receiver side.
Features and Benefits
• Supports HDTV resolutions to 1080p
• Broadcast real-time HDMI video and audio signals to multiple display locations with a managed or unmanaged (also known as non-managed) network switch
• Transmits an HDMI signal over one CAT-5e/6 cable
• Supports a local HDMI display
• Plug-and-Play installation allows receivers to find the transmitters automatically on the same subnet (network configuration may be required for managed network switch)
• Supports 10/100/1000 Ethernet connection
• Built-in default EDID table
• HDCP 2.0 compliant
• Supports 2-way RS232 commands at baud rate 2400 (control software on a PC, or other automated control system hardware such as Control4 or Crestron) to control any devices attached to the matrix using RS232
• Full infrared remote (IR) control of HDMI source from remote HDTV using existing source remote control
• Easily expandable. Add remote units as you add monitors
• Inexpensive CAT-5e/6 cable replaces bulky video cables
• Ideal solution for digital signage applications
• HDMI signal extension up to 328 feet
• Supports HDTV resolution up to 1080p @ 60Hz
• Supports PCM 2 Channel audio
• Audio and video are transmitted digitally over the 100 Ohm CAT-6 cable for lower signal loss
• Supports IR pass thru function and control HDMI source devices (set-top box, DVD player and Blue ray DVD Player) in Receiver by its IR remote controller
• It could control source channel from provided IR remote control, and LED panel will show display source channel, which is easier for end user to control
• Warranty: Two years
1x IR remote control
1x 5V DC power supply for Transmitter or Receiver
1x User manual
1x RS232 cable