Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
500754: Configure any size video wall over an Ethernet network
The video wall over IP extender kit with PoE allows HDMI equipment to be connected to create a video wall of a user configurable size (X by Y) supporting 100s of screens, depending on network bandwidth, utilizing one Receiver for each display in the array.
The Transmitter unit is connected using a LAN switch (PoE or non-PoE), with maximum distances of 330 feet (100m) of CAT-5e/6 cable between equipment.
The Transmitter (500754-TX) and Receiver (500754-RX) also support PoE (PD) if used with a PoE (PSE) Ethernet switch.
The kit comes with one (1) Transmitter and one (1) Receiver. IR Emitter and IR Sensor, if required, may be purchased separately for IR based remote control applications.
Set-up and configuration of the video wall function is carried out using MuxLab ProDigital Network Controller (500811) – sold separately. MuxLab ProDigital Network Controller simplifies configuration and control via an Ethernet web interface and allows for third party smartphone and tablet management.
The video wall over IP Extender Kit with PoE (500754) allows HDMI equipment to be connected up to 330 feet (100m) @ 1080p via one (1) CAT-5e/6 unshielded twisted pair cable in a point-to-point configuration. Point-to-multipoint, multipoint-to-multipoint, and video wall configurations are also possible by connecting several Transmitters and Receivers to the same Ethernet local IP network via an Ethernet switch.
For the point-to-multipoint and multipoint-to-multipoint configuration the Ethernet switch must have Gigabit ports, DHCP server capability and IGMP communications protocol. MuxLab recommends using the Cisco SG300 Series Managed Switches.
Applications include digital signage, commercial and residential AV systems, classroom projector systems, control rooms, boardroom systems, collaborative PC systems, and medical imagery and information systems, retail, hospitality and entertainment displays.
Additional Transmitters and Receivers may be purchased as kits or purchased separately depending on the intended application and number of units required.
Features and Benefits
• Configure a video wall array with 100s of displays, depending on network bandwidth
• HDMI 1.3
• Supports up to 1080p resolutions
• Visually lossless video (1 frame latency)
• Supports point-to-point, point-to-multipoint and multipoint-to-multipoint applications
• Transmission up to 330 feet (100m) over CAT-5e/6
• Transmission up to 390 feet (120m) between one (1) TX and one (1) RX when no LAN switch is used in a point-to-point scenario
• Supports RS232 and IR transmission for remote control
• PoE powered
• Control via any web device (mobile, tablet) with use of model 500811 (Pro Digital Network Controller)
• Receivers also sold individually (500754-RX)
Note: This device supports PoE (PD), and is intended to be powered via a PoE (PSE) Ethernet switch. If a PoE (PSE) Ethernet switch is unavailable, then a power supply (500992) may be purchased separately.