Copyright © 2018 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
8-port multi-platform USB-PS/2 KVMP switch
with USB peripheral sharing, multi-platform support (Windows, Linux, Mac and Sun), two-level security and 8 USB cables
CS1708A allows access to 8 directly connected computers, and through daisy chain architecture as many as 256 total servers may be controlled from a single keyboard, mouse and monitor.
To simplify installation and to keep track of so many servers a custom ASIC (patent pending) provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each KVM station in the chain.
A front panel USB port provides server access to USB devices such as hard drives, or CDROMs, eliminating the need to physically connect a storage device to a server to install patches or updates.
CS1708A will accommodate either PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice, and will connect to a mixture of PS/2 and USB servers.*
Features and Benefits
• A single console controls up to 8 computers
• Daisy-chain up to 31 additional units – control up to 256 computers from a single console
• Front accessible USB port allows each computer to access USB peripherals*
• Dual Interface –supports computers and console with PS/2 or USB keyboards and mice
• Multi-platform support – Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Linux, Mac, and Sun
• Display Emulation Technology – stores the console monitor's EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) to optimize display resolution
• Auto PS/2 and USB interface detection
• USB / PS/2 keyboard and mouse emulation – computers boot even when the console focus is elsewhere
• Video resolution up to 2048x1536; DDC2B
• No software required – convenient computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys and multilingual on-screen display (OSD) menus
• Auto-senses station's position on daisy-chained installations; no need for manual dip switch setting; front panel LED indicates station's position
• Port names automatically reconfigured when station sequence is changed
• Two level password security; only authorized users view and control computers; up to four users and an administrator with separate profiles for each
• Auto Scan feature for monitoring user-selected computers
• Broadcast mode; operations simultaneously performed on all selected computers
• Hot pluggable – add or remove computers without having to power down the switch
• Buzzer on/off via hotkey and OSD
• Firmware upgrades to all the chained KVM switches at the same time via the daisy-chain cable
• Rack mountable in 19" system rack (1U)
1x CS1708A KVM Switch
1x Console Cable
1x Firmware Upgrade Cable
1x Standard Rack Mounting Kit
1x Grounding Wire
1x Foot Pad Set (4 pcs)
1x Power Adapter
1x User Manual
1x Quick Start Guide
* The USB peripheral port will only work with USB connected servers on the same tier.