Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
4K60 4:2:0, H.264 video and audio encoder
supporting RS232, PoE and video wall
Looking for a better price? Write to us or call us at 1-800-636-3434 and ask for our special offer.
Note: Decoder units are purchased separately
• AVC Support - MPEG-4 using H.264 and AAC codecs
• Open Encoding - Enables software decoding through VLC® player software.
• Streaming Support - Multicast, Unicast, RTP over RTSP
• Managed via open API
• Powered by the network (PoE)
• Video wall (16x16) support
KDS-EN5 is a high performance 4K@60Hz (4:2:0), H.264 video encoder that supports PoE and video wall in.
KDS-EN5 provides unicast (one-to-one) or multicast (one-to-many) streaming to the KDS-DEC5 decoder or computers running VLCİ software.
Kramer KDS-EN5 encoder and KDS-DEC5 decoder units work in conjunction to provide unicast (one-to-one) or multicast (one-to-many) streaming over an IP network.
Using Kramer KDS-EN5 Manager software, you can manage your entire KDS-EN5 network from a single system.
Features and Benefits
• Max. Data Rate - HDMI 4K@60Hz (4:2:0) input
• Flexible Audio Support - HDMI or analog line in
• Standard AVC Support - H.264 & AAC codecs
• Virtualization - RS-232 over IP
• Network and IP Support - Standard Ethernet network operation 10/100/1000 Mb. Managed switch: 1G, multicast, IGMP snooping, layer 2. Configurable DHCP, Static or Auto IP
• Streaming and Session Control - Unicast, multicast, and RTP over RTSP
• Management and Control Options - Embedded web pages and API
• Video Wall - Up to 256 screens (16x16)
• Power - PoE or external power supply (not included)
How It Works
Kramer KDS-EN5 encoder and KDS-DEC5 decoder units work in conjunction to provide unicast (one-to-one) or multicast (one-to-many) streaming over an IP network. Using Kramer KDS-EN5 Manager software, you can manage your entire KDS-EN5 network from a single system. A Kramer KDS-EN5 environment is made up of four elements connected to a network:
• Source - A video source connected to an encoder, for example, a media player, computer system, or camera
• KDS-EN5 encoder - An encoder is needed for each source in your KDS-EN5 environment. An encoder can transmit to a single decoder or to multiple decoders
• KDS-DEC5 decoder - A decoder is needed for each output in your environment. A computer system using VideoLAN® VLC media player as a video player can also be used to decode the signal from an encoder
• Controller system - A system connected to the network and running Kramer KDS-EN5 Manager. A controller system can also be a source
• AV distribution systems with one or more sources and many displays in schools, universities and public venues
• Long-distance transmission of signals using existing wires and infrastructure in corporate offices, government applications
• Advanced applications where functions such as recording, archiving, scaling and more are required
In the Box
1x KDS-EN5 H.264 encoder
4x Rubber feet
1x Quick-start sheet