Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
EXT-USB-400FON: Optical 4-port USB 2.0 extension hub
extends any high speed USB 2.0 device up to 1640 feet (500 meters) from the USB source over Multimode fiber optics cable, with a built-in 4-port hub
This USB Extender supports all USB 2.0 devices, extending to 1640 feet (500 meters) away from the USB source. The receiver end is also a 4-port USB 2.0 hub.
By using fiber optic cables, the Gefen USB 400 FO extends a long distance from the location of a computer. It provides an EMI interference-free solution for USB extension work.
This equipment can provide outstanding extension facilities for anything that requires a USB connection over a distance, such as a USB camera or USB hard drive.
How it Works
The USB 400 FO sender unit is connected to the source using the supplied USB short cable. The USB peripheral(s) are connected to the receiver unit at the extended side. Two LC-terminated fiber optic cables are used to link the sender to the receiver.
Features and Benefits
• Extreme USB technology extends the range of USB 2.0 devices up to 1640 meters (500 meters) using fiber-optic cables
• Receiver unit is also a USB 2.0 four-port hub
• Provides support for both low-speed and high-speed USB devices
• Fully backward-compliant with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 specifications as certified by the USB Implementer's Forum
• Number of devices can be expanded using standard USB hubs
• Supports USB using all operating systems including Windows®, Mac OS®, and Linux®
• Supports other USB peripherals and are used in devices such as PlayStation and WII.
• A very secure method of USB control in areas where environmental conditions prohibit access by people
• Ideal as optical isolation from over-voltage and static electricity
• Supports High Speed devices up to 480mb/s
(1) USB 400FOS Sender Unit
(1) USB 400FOR Receiver Unit
(1) 6ft A to B USB cable
(1) 5V DC Power Supply
(1) User's Manual