Copyright © 2020 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
EXT-UHD-LANS-TX: Extend and distribute 4K HDMI w/ HDR, RS-232, audio and 2-way infrared (IR)
over a local area network (LAN)
Note: Receiver units are purchased separately
Gefen's AV over IP solutions continue their tradition of providing high performance, scalable, expandable, and secure AV routing and distribution over a standard Gigabit Local Area Network. These Gen 2.0 products offer enhanced performance, features, and functionality such as 4K Ultra-HD with HDR support, built-in scalers, video-wall control, independent RS-232, IR, and audio routing**, and backward-compatibility with Gefen's first generation products.
The EXT-UHD-LANS-TX and RX feature maximum input resolution of 4K 60Hz 4:2:0, and maximum output resolution of 4K 30Hz 4:4:4. HDCP 2.2 and 1.4 are also supported. 7.1 channels of HBR (High Bit Rate) lossless and LPCM digital audio can pass through the system as well.
Video, RS-232, 2-way IR, and audio can be routed independently** between any Sender and Receiver unit, allowing end-users to control any of the sources and the displays within their network. With this greatly expanded array of new cutting-edge features and performance, Gefen AV over IP products fully address the ever-growing needs of systems integrators.
Receiver features a built-in scaler to help optimize the image for a variety of displays and different viewing environments. It also includes a powerful video wall controller that accommodates any screen configuration up to 16x16 and provides great flexibility in sizing and manipulating live and signage content in demanding installations. Digital and analog audio break-out de-embeds audio from the video and sends it to a separate audio system, enhancing the impact of presentations.
Power-over-Ethernet allows Sender and Receiver units to be powered through a standard PoE-enabled IP network switch, without the need for external power supplies.
When used in conjunction with EXT-CU-LAN Matrix Controller, system configuration is automated and quick. Its MFU (Mass-Firmware-Update) feature keeps the entire system up-to-date without the need to access and upgrade each unit separately. Enhanced network security by separating the control and AV networks is also made possible with the EXT-CU-LAN. Other control options include front panel buttons, web server interface, Telnet, UDP, and the Gefen Keyboard Switching Controller software (available for download at www.gefen.com).
Gefen's enhanced API provides added functionality and facilitates use with third party controllers. Gefen Gen 2.0 AV over IP products have been specifically designed for use with the Gefen Syner-G™ software. Gefen Syner-G™ Discovery and Show-Me features greatly simplify initial IP configuration.
Each cable run from a Sender to a Receiver or from a Sender or Receiver to the network switch can be up to 330 feet (100 meters). A built-in 2-port Gigabit switch on the Receiver allows daisy-chaining of additional Receivers or other IP-enabled devices. In applications such as digital signage, where there is a need to replicate content on multiple displays, the ability to cascade Receivers removes the requirement for each cable to be run directly to the main network switch, thereby extending the range of these units far beyond the limits of a point-to-point video distribution system.
Sender and Receiver can be used as extenders in a one-to-one system, or as nodes in a virtual matrix environment where any source can be routed to any or all displays, supporting up to 39,900 Senders and a combination of over 65,000 units. Applications include high performance AV and signage systems in sports bars, clubs, restaurants, board and huddle rooms, command and control centers, museums, airports, classrooms, auditoriums, hotels, and retail establishments.
The low-profile Sender and Receiver units feature a half-rack-width enclosure, perfect for rack-mounting using the Gefen EXT-RACK-1U-GRY rack tray (available separately). They can also be surface-mounted, placed on a shelf, or tucked away in the equipment closet or behind a display.
Supported HDMI Features
• HDCP 2.2 and 1.4
• Deep Color
• Uncompressed LPCM digital audio up to 7.1 channels
• Up to 7.1 channels of HBR (High Bit Rate) digital audio including Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, and DTS-HD Master Audio™
Features and Benefits
• Extends HDMI, RS-232, analog audio, and IR, using a Gigabit Local Area Network
• Independent video, RS-232, IR, and audio routing**
• Backward-compatible with first generation Gefen AV over IP products
• Supports input resolutions up to 4K 60Hz 4:2:0
• Supports output resolutions up to 4K 30Hz 4:4:4
• When used with Gefen DVI-to-HDMI cables (not included), supports the use of DVI sources and DVI displays up to 1080p Full HD and 1920x1200 (WUXGA)
• Integrated scaler ensures maximum compatibility and best possible viewing experience with different contents and displays
• Built-in video wall controller accommodates any number of rows and columns up to 16x16
• Built-in audio de-embedder on Receiver breaks out 2 channel analog, 2 channel PCM, and up to 5.1 channels of Bitstream audio from the HDMI signal, allowing the audio content to be sent to external amplifiers and music distribution systems for added impact
• MFU (Mass-Firmware-Update), quick and automated configuration, and enhanced control capabilities and system security when used with the Gefen EXT-CU-LAN Matrix Controller
• Enhanced API for added functionality with third-party control systems
• Built-in web interface, Telnet, and UDP
• Compatible with the Gefen Keyboard Switching Controller software, available for download at www.gefen.com
• Supports 39,900 Senders and a combination of over 65,000 Sender and Receiver units, depending on the network bandwidth and number of ports on your network switch
• 802.3af standard Power-over-Ethernet allows the new Sender and Receiver units to be powered through a standard PoE-enabled IP network switch, without the need for external power supplies
• Two-port Gigabit Ethernet switch built into the Receiver unit
• Mode switch on Sender for sharpness or motion-optimization of image
• Field-updatable firmware via EXT-CU-LAN controller or the built-in web server interface
• Locking power supply connectors
• Low-profile, half-rack width Sender and Receiver enclosures are rack-mountable using EXT-RACK-1U-GRY
• Sender and Receiver can also be surface-mounted using the included L-brackets
• Low profile Receiver enclosure features an IR Extender port and can be hidden away behind the display
1x Sender unit (EXT-UHD-LANS-TX)
1x 5V 2.6A Power Supply (EXT-PS526-AIP-LP-6)
1x 3.5mm-to-DB-9 Adaptor, M-F (ADA-MP-2-DB9-MF-AB)
1x IR Emitter (EXT-IREMIT)
4x Self-Adhesive Rubber Feet
2x L-Shaped Mounting Brackets
4x Machine screws for L-Shaped Mounting Brackets
2x Machine screws for EXT-RACK-1U-GRY (sold separately)
1x Quick-Start Guide
** Pending features to be activated via an upcoming firmware update