Copyright © 2018 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
GTB-HDBT-POL-BLK: HDBaseT® extender for HDMI up to 4K
using one CAT-5e or CAT-6 cable up to 130 feet (70m)
GefenToolBox Extender for HDMI with POL extends HDMI up to 230 feet (70 meters) using one CAT-6 cable or up to 198 feet (60 meters) using one CAT-5e.
Hi-Def resolutions up to Ultra-HD 4Kx2K, 1080p Full HD, and 1920x1200 are supported.
This product provides Bi-Directional IR extension between the Sender and the Receiver unit, allowing the transfer of IR commands from one remote location to the other. Bi-Directional IR can be used to control A/V sources placed near the Sender unit and to send IR automation commands to devices placed near the Receiver unit.
Gefen PoL* (Power over Line) technology powers the Receiver unit using the same CAT-5e or CAT-6 cable that extends the HDMI signal from the Sender unit. This feature eliminates the need for an external power supply at the Receiver unit which helps to simplify installation.
How it Works
Connect the Sender unit to the Hi-Def source using an HDMI cable. Use another HDMI cable to connect the Receiver unit to the HDTV display. Connect a single CAT-6 cable up to 230 feet (70 meters) or CAT-5e cable up to 198 feet (60 meters) between the Sender and Receiver units. Connect the included 24V DC power supply to the Sender unit and plug the power supply in to an available electrical outlet. Power to the Receiver unit is delivered from the Sender unit over the CAT-5e/6 cable using Gefen PoL technology.
To control the Hi-Def source from the display location, connect an IR Extender (Gefen part no. EXT-RMT-EXTIRC) to the Ext IR connector on the Receiver unit. Connect an IR emitter (Gefen part no. GTB-IREMIT) to the IR Out of the Sender unit and place the IR emitter over the IR sensor of the Hi-Def source. Point the IR remote at the IR Extender to control the Hi-Def source.
For IR control of a device placed near the Receiver unit (such as the display), connect the IR output from an automation device (such as the Gefen PACS or Mini PACS) to the IR In connector on the Sender unit. Connect an IR emitter (Gefen part no. GTB-IREMIT) to the IR Out on the Receiver unit and attach the IR emitter to the IR sensor of the device being controlled.
Note: Shielded (STP) CAT-5e or CAT-6 is recommended. Unshielded (UTP) CAT-5e or CAT-6 may be acceptable depending on cable quality but is not the top choice. Care should always be given to keep these cables away from power lines and other electromagnetic interference sources
Supported HDMI Features
• 12-bit Deep Color
• LPCM 7.1 audio, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Digital® Plus, and DTS-HD® Master Audio™
• 3DTV pass-through
• CEC pass-through
• Lip Sync pass-through
Features and Benefits
• Extends 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160 @ 60 Hz 4:2:0, or 30 Hz, 4:4:4) and Bi-Directional IR up to 130 feet (40 meters) over a single CAT-5e cable (8-bit color)
• Extends 4K Ultra HD (DCI) (4096x2160 @ 24 or 30 Hz 4:4:4) and Bi-Directional IR up to 130 feet (40 meters) over a single CAT-5e or CAT-6 cable
• Extends HDMI at 1080p Full HD and Bi-Directional IR up to 230 feet (70 meters) over a single CAT-6 cable, or up to 198 feet (60 meters) over CAT-5e cable
• Supports resolutions up to Ultra HD 4K x 2K and 1080p Full HD
• PoL (Power over Line) technology from Gefen sends power to the Receiver unit over the same CAT-5e/6 cable that is used for extending the HDMI signal
• HDBaseT® technology allows HDMI, IR (Bi-directional), and power to be sent on one CAT-5e/6 cable
• Bi-Directional IR remote control of devices
• Uses HDBaseT® Technology
• HDCP 2.2 and 1.4 compliant
• Locking power connector
• Easy surface mounting
(1) Extender for HDMI with POL (Sender Unit) (GTB-HDBT-POLS)
(1) Extender for HDMI with POL (Receiver Unit) (GTB-HDBT-POLR)
(1) 6 ft. Locking HDMI Cable (CAB-HD-LCK-06MM)
(1) Single Infrared Emitter (GTB-IREMIT)
(1) IR Extender with Carrier Frequency (EXT-RMT-EXTIRC)
(1) 24V/1A DC Universal Power Supply (EXT-PS24U1AIP)
(1) Quick-Start Guide (QSG-GTB-HDBT-POL)
* Power over Link (PoL) is a Gefen proprietary technology that provides 10W of 5 Volt DC power to the Receiver Unit over the single CAT-5 signal cable, and allows the Receiver Unit to power additional Gefen devices. It is based on the Power over Ethernet (PoE) Standards, but is specifically tailored to Gefen's Hi-Def video products.