Copyright © 2018 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
EXT-DVI-3600HD: Extend DVI, USB 2.0, RS-232 and analog audio up to 6,600 feet (2Km)
from a DVI source-computer over fiber
• One DVI
• One USB 2.0
• One RS232
• One analog audio
DVI 3600HD allows you to operate a single DVI-compliant computer from two workstations, by extending DVI, USB 2.0, analog audio, and RS232 from the computer to the remote workstation.
USB peripherals can be placed at either of the two locations, by the Sender or Receiver unit.
How It Works
The DVI 3600HD consists of a Sender and a Receiver unit. The Sender unit connects to the computer's DVI-compliant video card output, analog audio jack, RS-232 port, and USB 2.0 port. The DVI 3600HD Receiver unit connects to the remote display and peripherals. Four strands of LC fiber optic cable connect the Sender and Receiver units together.
The DVI 3600HD has two modes of USB operation. When in local mode, the computer sees USB devices connected to the Sender unit. When in remote mode, the computer sees USB devices connected to the Receiver unit. These two modes are configured using a switch on the front panel of the Sender unit.
Extension distance will depend on the type of fiber media used:
• Single-mode fiber: WUXGA (1920 x 1200) resolution @ 6,600 ft. (2000m)
• Multi-mode fiber: WUXGA (1920 x 1200) resolution @ 1,650 ft. (500m)
Features and Benefits
• Extends DVI, USB2.0, RS-232, and analog audio up to 6,600 feet (2000 meters) with single-mode fiber, and up to 1,650 feet (500 meters) with multi-mode fiber
• Supports video resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
• Uses four-strand single-mode or multi-mode LC-terminated fiber cables
• Supports Virtual DDC1 and DDC2B protocols
• Supports Local and Virtual EDIDs
• Supports USB 2.0 and USB 1.1
• Configurable to allow access of USB devices located at Sender Side or Receiver Side
• Rack-mountable (rack ears included)
(1) DVI 3600HD Sender unit (EXT-DVI-3600HDS)
(1) DVI 3600HD Receiver unit (EXT-DVI-3600HDR)
(1) 6 ft. DVI-DL Cable (M-M) (CAB-DVIC-DL-06MM)
(1) 6 ft. DB9 RS-232 Cable (M-F) (CAB-DB9-6MF)
(1) 6 ft. USB Cable (A-B) (CAB-USB-6)
(2) 12V/3A Power Supplies (EXT-PS12U35A)
(2) AC Power Cords (CAB-POWERCORD-US)
(1) Set of Rack Ears (EXT-RACK-OP-03-BRZ)
(1) Quick-Start Guide (QSG-DVI-3600HD)