Copyright © 2017 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
Single port, USB (and PS/2) IP KVM on the NET with virtual media
Note: This product is approaching its end of life (EOL) and is available while supplies last. Sale is final - this item is not eligible for returns.
CN8000 provides remote access to a computer or compatible KVM switch allowing you to control or monitor from literally anywhere in the world. An internet connection, a browser, and the current IP address of your router is all that is required.
The unit is completely hardware-based, eliminating the need for a working operating system on the local computer in order to function.
Communication between the CN8000 and the remote computer takes place over a network (or the internet). This makes the CN8000 ideal for remote file transfer, or troubleshooting computers that do not boot properly, for changing BIOS settings, or for selecting an operating system in a multiple-boot situation. After connecting to a remote computer with the CN8000, performing tasks on the remote computer is virtually identical to sitting at the machine itself.
The two applications used to access the CN8000 are run from the unit itself, removing the need to install software on either the host or client PCs. The two access applications, a Windows client working with DirectX 7, and a Java client using Java2, are functionally identical. The only difference is the Virtual Media port (a File transfer utility), which functions exclusively through Windows.
The unit supports up to eight users – of which two may be logged on simultaneously.
The CN8000 incorporates a USB 2.0 Virtual Media port which sends data through the CN8000 to the remote computer. The Virtual Media port acts as a virtual USB port, allowing the user to attach a USB flash drive and use it as though it were plugged into a local USB port.
The Virtual Media feature for file transfers is available exclusively through the Windows Client. Security is provided by a user name and password logon and SSL 128bit Encryption.
Once successfully logged in and connected, your screen not only displays the remote computer's desktop including all running applications, but also gives you control of those applications as if you were sitting at the remote computer.
Your CN8000 investment is protected by a Firmware Upgrade Utility. You can stay current with the latest functional improvements by downloading firmware update files from our website as they become available, and then using the utility to quickly and conveniently perform the upgrade.
Features and Benefits
• Provides over-IP capability to KVM switches that do not have built in over-IP functionality
• Virtual media via USB 2.0 data transmission
• PON (Power Over the Net™) support via Java and Telnet
• Up to 64 user accounts – Up to 32 concurrent user sessions
• Message board feature allows logged in users to communicate with each other, and allows a user to take exclusive control of the KVM functions
• External authentication support – RADIUS; LDAP; MS Active Directory
• Web-based Windows and Java implementations allow the server to be controlled from any browser
• Windows GUI and Java client software for non-browser access – Java works with practically all operating systems
• Supports TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, UDP, DHCP, SSL, ARP, DNS, ICMP, CHAP, PPP
• Supports 10Base-T, 100Base-T
• Superior video quality – up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz; 24-bit color depth for remote sessions
• Bandwidth optimization – supports a range of compression level settings to optimize the video quality/transmission speed balance
• PPP mode (modem) dialup support for out-of-band, and low bandwidth operation
• Full-screen or sizable remote desktop window
• Scalable remote desktop display
• Export/import user account and configuration settings
• Advanced security features include password protection and advanced encryption technologies
• Secure 128-bit SSL encryption
• Enable/disable browser operation
• Three level authentication – Multi-Administrators, Users, Viewers Event logging
• Remote firmware upgrading
• Host-side OS support – Windows 2000/2003/XP/NT/Vista; RedHat 7.1, Novell, Sun, Mac 9.0 and higher
2x Custom KVM cable Set
1x Custom Console Cable Set
1x USB 2.0 Virtual Media Cable
1x Power Adapter
1x Rack Mount Kit
1x Software CD
1x User Manual
1x Quick Start Guide