Copyright © 2017 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
UltraConsole allows for a central user station to connect to multiple computers per chassis, expandable to as many as 1,000 computers
or serial devices.
Units easily connect together with bus cables to make a seamless and truly scalable KVM solution. The advanced design of the UltraConsole uses networking communication technology to reduce cost, eliminate single points of failure, and increase reliability.
The on-screen menus make configuring, monitoring, and installation easy with on-screen instructions and help. Use the on-screen menus to name computers, select computers, view connections, assign users, configure system security, and other features.
UltraConsole provides serial support to access computers, routers, Ethernet hubs, UNIX devices and more. It can perform as a VT100/VT220 terminal emulator with an eight-page scroll buffer. Local monitor connection, security, flash memory, system status and many other features ensure that the UltraConsole will streamline your data center or server room and provide a central access point for your system.
UltraConsole fully emulates the keyboard and mouse. It works on all major operating systems such as Windows, Solaris, Linux, UNIX, SGI, and OSX. Use any combination of PS/2, USB, and Sun including PS/2 wheel and serial mice. USB (PC, Apple, and Sun) and serial mouse are for the computer side only, not on the KVM side. It is compatible with European and Asian keyboard languages.
UltraConsole is easy to install. You simply connect your computers and a KVM to the UltraConsole ports. Configure each switch’s address and connect the switches together with the expansion cables. Access the onscreen menu with a simple keystroke, configure settings such as CPU names and security, and save it in flash memory.
Tailor UltraConsole by configuring the level of security that you desire. You can auto-assign security settings to a console station or require users to log into the switch with a user ID and password. The user profile grants access rights to designated computers and controls other characteristics. Use simple keyboard commands to access computers and view system status. Helpful screen messages indicate the status of all connections. To allow maximum versatility, users can connect in four different modes: view, share, control, and private.
UltraConsole excels with its on-screen menu system. The intuitive interface uses pop-up menus to make selections. User-friendly help lines are shown for each item. The interface can be programmed for English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, or Portuguese. You can easily configure CPU names, security, appearance, and many other features.
UltraConsole's OSD is so powerful that it is actually a color VT220 terminal emulator. You can configure any computer port to be serial. When you connect to a serial device, you get a 24x80 screen with two status lines. You can access the serial device just as if you were connected with a terminal. Linux serial ports will show directory lists in color.
To support the latest devices, UltraConsole contains flash memory. Rose provides free, lifetime firmware upgrades, available from www.rose.com.
Features and Benefits
• Control PCs, Sun, UNIX, Linux, USB, and serial devices from a single console station
• Powerful and expandable, yet low cost
• Plug-in expansion cards and the unit's modular design makes it simple to install, expand, and maintain
• Uses UltraCable for superior cable management with lengths up to 100 feet (30m)
• Video resolution up to 1600 x 1280
• On-screen menu informs you of connection status between units in an expanded system
• Multi-lingual menu (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese)
• Pre-configuration feature allows installation without powering down most servers
• Security system with user ID, password and profile prevents unauthorized configuration and controls computer access
• Status screen displays inter-unit connections, communication, computer power, and other system information
• Front panel indicators show which port is selected
• Features push-button computer selection
• Flash memory technology
• Free firmware upgrades for product enhancements and new software
features available at www.rose.com
• Rack mount kits available in 19", 23", and 24" sizes
• Made in USA