Copyright © 2020 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
32-port KVM over IP switch with 1 local and 2 remote user access
• 32 ports
• 1 local and 2 remote user access
• Audio, virtual media, dual power and fan speed control
KN-Series are IP-based KVM control units that allow both local and remote operators to monitor and access multiple servers from a single console. The switches in this series are differentiated according to the number of buses they support and the number of KVM ports they provide. Each bus permits a separate user session so that up to three (1 Local; 2 remote) concurrent independent connections to the attached servers can take place.
Since the switch usees TCP/IP for its communications protocol, it can be accessed via its IP addresses from anywhere on the LAN, WAN, or Internet – whether the connecting computer is located down the hall, down the street, or half-way around the world. Remote operators can log in via their browser or make use of stand-alone Windows or Java GUI applications. Java allows the switches to work with JRE (Java Runtime Environment) enabled operating systems – ensuring multi-platform operability. The client software allows operators to exchange keyboard, video and mouse signals with the servers attached to the switches just as if they were present locally and working on the equipment directly.
Up to 32 users can share the switch's buses. A Message Board feature allows them to communicate with each other to facilitate port sharing. Administrators can handle a multitude of maintenance tasks with ease – from installing and running GUI applications, to BIOS level troubleshooting, routine monitoring, concurrent maintenance, system administration, rebooting and even pre-boot functions.
Local console operation is easily accomplished by entering hotkey combinations from the keyboard with a full screen GUI display.
Monitoring the installation's activities couldn't be easier. A convenient Auto Scan feature permits automatic switching from port to port at user-specified intervals, while the Panel Array Mode can display the video output of up to 42 servers at the same time.
The switch features RJ-45 connectors allowing them to use CAT-5e cables to link to the servers. This space-saving innovation means that a full 16, 24, 32 or 40 port switch can be conveniently installed in a 1U system rack, and the installation can take advantage of the internal network wiring built into most modern commercial buildings.
Setup is fast and easy. Plugging cables into their appropriate ports is all that is entailed. Because the switch intercepts keyboard input directly, there is no need to get involved in complex software installation routines, or to be concerned with incompatibility problems.
Since the firmware is upgradeable over the Net, you can stay current with the latest functionality improvements simply by downloading firmware updates from ATEN's website as they become available.
With its powerful security features, KN-Series switch provides the fastest, most reliable, most cost effective way to remotely access and manage widely distributed multiple server installations. KN-Series switches have an Adapter ID function that stores port information like the adapter ID, OS, keyboard language, adapter name, operation modes and more, so that when you move a KVM Adapter Cable from one port to another, the switch recognizes the same adapter cable at the new location. Also, for greater ease of use when moving the adapter cable to another switch, the adapter ID, OS, keyboard language, adapter name, and operation modes of the port stay with the adapter.
KN-Series V series switches support advanced virtual media functions, such as mapping USB DVD/CD/hard drives and other storage media to a server. Virtual media support allows you to conduct file transfers, installs applications and OS patches, and perform diagnostics remotely. You can upgrade yATEN's entire installation from a single remote console located anywhere in the world.
KN series models offer dual power supplies so that if one of the power supplies fails, the second power supply automatically takes over. In addition to supporting dual power, they guard against power failure from your server room outlets. If your server room has more than one power source, connecting the power supplies to different power sources is a wise choice. If one of the server room power supplies loses power, the switch will automatically adjust the power it draws from the second source to keep functioning.
KN series models support four temperature sensors that can control up to six fans. The sensors regulate the fans so that they run at optimum speed depending on the server room temperature – throttling down when necessary, to use energy more efficiently and prolong the life of both the fans and the switch.
KN series models are also audio enabled. Microphone and speakers are supported on the local console for the servers. Speakers are supported on the remote users' computers.
ATEN's 4th generation of KVM over IP switches exceed expectations. KN-series series feature superior video quality (HD resolution of 1920x1200), FIPS 140-2 with level 1 security standards and virtual media transmissions at twice the speed. KN series provides local console and remote over IP access for users to monitor and access their entire data center over a network. In addition, it offers out-of-band access with external modem support for BIOS-level troubleshooting when the network is down.
With dual on-board NICs and dual power supplies, KN series are built for reliability, to ensure 24/7 availability of remote access to all servers.
KN series devices can be integrated into the CC2000 Management Software. The CC2000 puts administrators in complete control of remote data centers and branch offices no matter where they are in the world - allowing IT administrators to remotely monitor and control all devices on a network, including blade servers and virtual machines.
To help you manage and control an entire data center, ATEN KVM over IP switches support blade servers and chassis. With powerful features such as Power Association - KVM ports can be associated with ATEN PDU power outlets for power management of servers from the KVM over IP switches' user interface.
Additional exclusive features of ATEN KVM over IP switches include: a Message Board, Panel Array Mode™, Mouse DynaSync™ and the Adapter ID.
ATEN KVM over IP switches save you time and money by allowing administrators to manage their data centers from practically anywhere - minimizing travel and MTTR (Mean Time to Repair) costs, ensuring the highest availability for data center services possible.
• High grade security - supports FIPS 140-2 level 1 security standards
• Extreme virtual media speed - 2 x faster virtual media transmission speed
• Advanced FPGA graphics processor - with an HD resolution of 1920x1200
• Simultaneously share one local console and eight independent connections to the attached servers
• High port density - RJ-45 connectors and CAT-5e/6 cable for up to 32 ports in a 1U housing
• Laptop USB Console (LUC) - A dedicated USB port directly connects to a laptop for easy console operation
• Eight separate buses for remote KVM over IP access
• Two 10/100/1000 Mbps NICs for redundant LAN or two IP operation
• Blade server support
• Supports PS/2, USB, Sun Legacy (13W3) and serial (RS-232) connectivity
• Local console provides USB keyboard and mouse support
• Supports multiplatform server environments: Windows, Mac, Sun, Linux and VT100 based serial devices
• Audio enabled
• Dual Power Supply
• High video resolution - up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz - 24 bit color depth for the local console up to 50m, and 24 bit for the remote sessions
• Monitor and control up to 32 computers on a single level, or control up to 512 computers in a cascade*
• Up to 32 user accounts - up to 32 users simultaneously share the control
• Green IT-Fan speed varies according to temperature
• Event logging and Windows-based Log Server support
• Critical system event notification via SMTP email; SNMP trap and Syslog support
• Customizable events notification
• Firmware upgradeable
• Out-of-Band Access-Modem dial-in/dial out/dial back support
• Adapter ID Function: Stores port information allowing administrators to relocate the servers to different ports, without having to re-configure the adapters and switches
• Port Share Mode allows multiple users to gain access to a server simultaneously
• Integration with ATEN Altusen CC2000 Management Software
• Power Association enables the switch's KVM ports to be associated with ATEN PDUs power outlets for remote power management
• IPv6 capable
• ATEN Exclusive Panel Array Mode™ simultaneously monitoring for both local console operators and remote access users
• Local Console, browser-based, and AP GUIs offer a unified Multilanguage interface to minimize the user training time and increase productivity
• Multiplatform client support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Sun)
• Multi-browser support: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape
• Browser-based UI in pure Web technology allows administrators to perform administrative tasks without pre-installed Java software package required
• Users can launch multiple virtual remote desktop sessions to control multiple servers during the same login
• Full-screen or sizable and scalable Virtual Remote Desktop
• Keyboard/Mouse Broadcast - keyboard and mouse inputs can be duplicated on all the attached servers
• Video syncing with the local console - local console monitor's EDID information stored on the KVM Adapter Cables for display resolution optimization
• Remote authentication support: RADIUS, LDAP, LDAPS, and MS Active Directory
• Supports SSL 128-bit data encryption and RSA 2048-bit certificates to secure users log in from browser
• Flexible encryption design allows users to choose any combination of 56-bit DES, 168-bit 3DES, 256-bit AES, 128-bit RC4, or Random for independent KB/Mouse, video, and virtual media data encryption
• Support for IP/MAC Filter
• Configurable user and group permissions for server access and control
• Automated CSR creation utility and third party CA certificate authentication
• Virtual media enables file applications, OS patching, software installation and diagnostic testing
• Works with USB enabled servers in operating system and BIOS level
• Support DVD/CD drives, USB mass storage devices, PC hard drives and ISO images
Virtual Remote Desktop
• Video quality can be adjusted to optimize data transfer speed; monochrome color depth setting, threshold and noise settings for compression of the data bandwidth in low bandwidth situations
• Full screen video display or scalable video display
• Message Board for communication among remote users
• Mouse DynaSync-automatically synchronizes the local and remote mouse movements
• Exit Macros support
• On-screen keyboard with multilanguage support
• BIOS-level access for trouble shooting
High Grade Security
FIPS 140-2 certified cryptography - provides a FIPS mode to use an embedded FIPS 140-2 certified OpenSSL cryptographic module.
Extreme Virtual Media Speed
Virtual media supports twice the transmission speed of comparable models and supports connecting to DVD/CD drives, USB mass storage devices, PC hard drives and ISO images. Virtual media allows you to conduct file transfers, application and OS patches and run diagnostics remotely.
Advanced FPGA Graphics Processor
With enhanced fps throughput for vivid responsive video displays, the switches offers resolutions up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz with 24-bit color depth at the local console up to 50m; and 24-bit for the remote sessions.
Panel Array Mode™
ATEN Exclusive Panel Array Mode™ simultaneously monitoring for both local console operators and remote access users
Used in conjunction with ATEN PDUs power management allows you to associate a KVM over IP Switch's port with a PDU's power outlet. With this you can manage the power of a server from the switch's interface - a single point of control. It also enables you to associate a second outlet if a server has a dual power supply and lets you synchronize the operation of both power supplies. In this way, Power Association reduces maintenance time and increases management efficiency.
Blade Server Support
Support for blade server associations with KVM switch ports allows the blade server chassis and individual blades to be integrated into the sidebar tree view and accessed easily.
Dual IP/Dual Power
Dual IP/ Dual Power supply operation provides the backup redundancy, and reliability. Should one of the IP or one of the power supplies become unavailable, the other will take over in order to keep the system functioning normally.
Configurable Network Bandwidth Settings
A network setting provided that allows you to streamline data throughput by adjusting the size of the data stream (bandwidth) to match network traffic conditions. Video performance can be adjusted so that data throughput is optimized for the available network bandwidth. With highspeed LAN access, the settings can be adjusted so that a greater amount of video data is sent, resulting in a higher quality video display. In a limited bandwidth situation, the settings can be adjusted so that net lag is minimized.
Automatically synchronizes the local and remote mouse movements for perfect alignment of mouse pointers, regardless of server mouse acceleration settings.
To alleviate the problem of access conflicts arising from multiple logins, the Message Board functions are similar to an Internet chat program, allowing users to instantly communicate with each other.
Intelligent Bus Assignment - Flexible Port Switching
With Intelligent Bus Assignment users are automatically assigned to one of eight buses as they log in. With flexible port switching, up to 32 users can be distributed over 8 separate bus sessions and multiple users are allowed to share access to one server for maxim efficiency.
The Adapter ID Function stores port information such as the Adapter ID, OS, keyboard language, adapter name, operation modes, and etc. This enables administrators to relocate the servers to different ports, without having to re-configure the adapters and the switches
1x KN2132VA KVM over IP Switch
2x SA0142 Serial Adapters (RJ45-F to DB9-M; DTE to DCE)
2x Power Cords
2x Utility Power Cords
1x Rack Mount Kit
1x Foot Pad Set (4 pcs.)
1x User Instructions
Cables not included - see listing of compatible cables and dongles
* Cascade-compatible KVM switches include the following: CS9134, CS9138, CS88A, KH1508, KH1516, KH1508A, and KH1516A