Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
Get ready for the future with the new IOGEAR USB Smart Card Access Reader. Smart Card readers are used as a communications medium between the smart card and a host (e.g. a computer, a point-of-sale terminal). A Smart Card is a small portable credit-card shaped pocket-sized card with embedded integrated circuits or IC chips which can process data. The combination of the small size and IC make them a valuable tool for security, data storage, and other special applications. The use of Smart Cards can improve user security by combining something a user has (the smart card) with something only the user should know (a PIN), this provides two factor security that is more secure than passwords alone.
The traditional credit card uses a magnetic-strip which stores a very small amount of information and has no processing capability of its own. Smart Cards are the next generation of secure and user friendly identification, authentication & data storage solution. The IOGEAR USB Smart Card Access Reader uses a contact system where the card must be swiped through the card reader; this type of reader is less prone to misalignment and eliminates the possibility of being misread.
Smart Cards are the next step in convenience and security.
GSR202 is listed on the Approved Product List and is TAA compliant product. Users can go to the following website for more info: https://fips201ep.cio.gov/apl.php
Features and Benefits
• Suitable for applications in government, healthcare, banking, entertainment, and secure network login
• Supports multiple Smart Card protocols and relevant industry standards for digital signage and secure personal identification
• FIPS-201 Compliant: Meets US Federal Information Processing Standard Publication 201*
• EMV 2000 Level 1 approved and support 3V and 5V cards
• CAC Compatible for use with CAC card software**
• ISO7816 implementation - Class A, B, and C (5V / 3V / 1.8V) Card
• USB 2.0 connection to increase reliability and ease of operation
• Power / scan LED indicators
• 3 years limited warranty
1 x Smart Card Reader
1 x Quick Start Guide
1 x Warranty Card
* R-TRE.1: Follow the ISO7816-2
** CAC Middleware is not included