Copyright © 2017 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
8-Port USB-PS/2 KVMP Switch that Shares USB Peripherals, with USB KVM Cables.
The MiniView Ultra+ Combo, 8-Port KVM switch is a combo switch allowing access and control of up to 64 computers from a single console (keyboard, mouse, and monitor). As many as 8 additional switches can be cascaded* bringing the total number of connected computers to 64 computers that can be controlled from a single keyboard-monitor-mouse console.
A custom ASIC (patent pending) provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation, eliminating the need to manually set the position with DIP switches. Additionally, the MiniView Ultra+, 8-Port features high density SPHD 15-pin instead of the usual 25-pin connectors thus allowing for a compact design and installation in a 1U system rack.
The MiniView Ultra+, 8-Port includes one USB port located on the front panel for easy access and sharing of any USB peripherals.
Setup is fast and easy; plugging cables into their appropriate ports is all that is needed. The switch supports both USB and PS/2 connections for the console and computers. The MiniView Ultra+, 8-Port intercepts keyboard input directly, thus eliminating the need for any software configuration.
Switching between computers can be easily accomplished either by manually pressing the front panel push button port LEDs, entering hotkey combinations from the keyboard, or via a menu driven multilingual on-screen display (OSD) system. A convenient auto-scan feature permits automatic scanning and monitoring of activities on all connected.
Features and Benefits
• Equipped with 8 USB KVM cables (4 x 6ft and 4 x 10ft)
• Eliminates the excessive expense of additional monitors, keyboards and mice.
• Increases office space, productivity, and provides as an energy cost savings solution.
• It contributes to a greener environment by reducing the amount of waste generated by multiple components.
• An easy / efficient way to organize and streamline a growing or expanding server operation.
• Control up to 8 computers with a single KVM and console
• Cascade up to 2 levels - control up to 64 computers from a single console*
• Simple front panel push button port identification LEDs
• On-Screen Display (OSD) switching
• Mouse driven OSD for quick and convenient menu navigation
• OSD selection for OS and keyboard language
• Supports high resolutions up to 2048 x 1536 (DDC2B)
• Port names automatically reconfigured when station sequence is changed
• Shared USB Port - Fully compliant with USB 1.1 specifications and delivers a 12 Mbps data transmission rate**
• Supports multimedia USB keyboards (PC, Mac, Sun, Linux)
• Supports Mac and Sun keyboards and special keys
• Firmware upgradeable via included cable***
• Buzzer ON/OFF via Hotkey and OSD
• Rack mountable in a 19" (1U) system rack
• Custom ASIC provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation
• Fully supports DDC2B
• 3-year warranty
• 1 x 8-Port USB PS/2 Combo KVM switch
• 4 x USB KVM Cables (6ft - G2L5202U)
• 4 x USB KVM Cables (10ft - G2L5203U)
• 1 x PS/2 KVM Cable (6ft - G2L5202P)
• 1 x Console cable
• 1 x Cascade Cable
• 1 x Firmware upgrade cable
• 1 x Grounding wire
• 1 x Foot pad set (4 pads)
• 1 x Power adapter
• 1 x Standard Rack Mounting Kit
• 1 x Installation Guide
• 1 x Warranty card
* Cascade compatible with MiniView Ultra+, 16-Ports (GCS1716) for control over 128 computers.
** Only systems connected with the USB KVM cables will be able to access the front USB port for system upgrades and shared peripherals.
*** Firmware update is now available at https://www.iogear.com/support/dm/