Copyright © 2019 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
DSVD-R: [Minicom] HD digital stereo audio and video distribution over HDBaseT
with remote display management, EDID/DDC support, bi-directional RS-232 and proof of performance
DS Vision Digital is a powerful solution that distributes real-time digital non-compressed full HD content to multiple terminals and enables remote display management with Proof-of-Performance.
Powerful and flexible, it can be deployed in a host of diverse environments including retail, transportation, entertainment, hospitality, healthcare and education.
• Broadcaster - Connects to one (or two) media players** and sends A/V signal to three (3) display-pods over CATx cables.
• Transmitter - Connects to one (or two) media players** and sends A/V signal to one (1) display-pod over CATx cable.
• Receiver - Receives signal from Broadcaster or Transmitter over CATx cable and connects to one (1) display-pod.
Distribution of Real Time Full HD Digital Non-Compressed Content
DS Vision Digital enables real time distribution of non-compressed (i.e. lossless) digital media, maintaining maximum content fidelity. DS Vision Digital supports full HD media at 1080p/60 fps resolution that is compatible with current content formats and players.
Scalable Media Distribution
DS Vision Digital allows you to cascade broadcasters in scaled distribution to deliver media to as many displays as you need, giving you the option to add displays as your business grows.
Scalable Media Extension up to 2000 Feet
With DS Vision Digital, your digital signage content can be easily distributed at a distance of 600m (2000ft) from the server room to the display, without compromising its quality.
End-to-End Reliable Proof-of-Performance (POP)
"Are the screens showing what they're supposed to be showing?" For many digital signage operators, that's the question that keeps them awake at night. One answer is to go and look at the screens in question. A better answer is DS Vision Digital's unique Media Feedback Monitoring Engine which constantly supervises content playback and sends an immediate alert if content is not being displayed properly.
In order to determine if your system performance matches your expectations, DS Vision Digital facilitates end-to-end Proof-of-Performance. Minicom Digital Signage's proprietary Media Feedback Monitoring Engine allows you to supervise, and receive immediate feedback on the media being displayed by immediately sending an alert if the content is not displayed properly, thereby improving your system's overall functioning and minimizing downtime.
The result? Better performance and significant increase your display uptime.
Remote Display Management (RDM)
Just as it's impracticable to visually check the content on the screens, it's equally impracticable to go to each screen to switch it on or off, or to adjust volume or brightness for example. DS Vision Digital's serial connectivity allows for each screen to be remotely controlled for optimum results in each location. And even better: the ability to attach IP devices such as cameras provides, for example, the opportunity for precise audience analysis and content targeting at each screen location.
Leveraging an innovative RDM technology embedded in the receiver unit, DS Vision Digital allows you to remotely control and monitor your display assets - allowing operational visibility to be improved, operating costs to be reduced and system up-time to be increased. RDM allows you to control and monitor your digital signage network in order to lower your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
Content Where You Want It, How You Want It
DS Vision Digital is scalable from one to many screens, allowing for growth while maximizing affordability. DS Vision Digital uses low cost cable, yet supports uncompressed HD content at 1080p/60fps: content always looks its best - even on screens up to 600 meters (2,000 feet) away. That makes it a very attractive alternative to fiber-based systems. Even better: not only does DS Vision Digital allow for remote management - its unique remote media monitoring capability immediately sends an alert if content isn't displayed correctly, ensuring timely corrective action.
And that's not all that's unique about DS Vision Digital - continuous media playback is guaranteed via a failover capability, by connecting two players to the same system.
Easy to Install, Quick to Integrate, Inexpensive to Maintain
DS Vision Digital includes numerous features that make it easy, quick and inexpensive to install, integrate and maintain - from its support of IP/Ethernet and CATx cable that makes it simple to be operated over an existing network - keeping infrastructure costs to a minimum - to support of HDMI and DP++ (DisplayPort) for maximum compatibility and interoperability. The highly modular architecture of DS Vision Digital means that custom topologies can be cost-effectively created.
Terminal IP and Serial Connectivity
DS Vision Digital enables the connection of terminal side IP devices - such as cameras or embedded PCs - to the Content Management System (CMS). This allows, for example, audiences to be analyzed and specifically targeted. Bi-directional serial connectivity allows a terminal to be remotely powered on or off, or the adjustment of volume, brightness and contrast. All this can be achieved using the same, single network cable – and without adversely impacting bandwidth.
Enables administration and management of remote devices with Web services, performance monitoring and player switchover in order to raise your digital signage network overall performance.
Management Gateway software is available to remotely control and monitor the infrastructure system.
** Continuous Playback
In case of player failure, DS Vision Digital offers a unique player switchover capability to ensure continuous media playback by simultaneously connecting two players to the same system. If one player stops functioning, the system sends an alert and switches over to the secondary player in order to enable continuous playback.
DS Vision Digital Meets the Requirements
An extension to the growing media distribution product family, DS Vision Digital is a digital signage system designed to precisely meet the requirements - whether for affordability, performance, flexibility or reliability. No other system delivers the same combination of benefits.
Features and Benefits
• Media Distribution - DS Vision Digital delivers real-time digital non-compressed full HD content, for an optimized content fidelity.
• Display performance monitoring - Media sampling mechanism is available for monitoring media quality based on real media sampling. Ensure end-to-end reliable Proof of Performance.
• Management API* - Management software is available for infrastructure remote control and monitor. Reduce operational costs and increase system uptime.
• HDMI and DisplayPort support - Supports both HDMI 1.3a and DisplayPort DP++ players. Conform to next generation player and display specifications.
• RS232Control - Send serial control commands to the terminal. Control displays remotely.
• Single CATx cable - Media distribution, control, monitoring and IP communication over a single cable. Lower integration and infrastructure costs.
• DDC support - Optimizes player-screen interaction. Display Data Channel (DDC) termination to save and exchange DDC information. Ultimate visual experience, and reduction of time (e.g. replace display).
• IP/Ethernet support - Integrate the display and its peripherals to the data/internet network to send data to and from the display while ensuring real time media quality of service on a single cable. Connect terminal side devices to the player/CMS network using the media distribution infrastructure.
• Management Gateway - Enables administration and management of remote devices with Web services, performance monitoring and player switchover in order to raise your digital signage network overall performance.
• Remote Display Management - Control and monitor you digital signage network in order to lower your total cost of ownership.
• Proof of Performance - Receive an immediate alert if the content is not displayed properly to significantly increase your display uptime.
• Zero calibration - No need for equalization or skew compensation tuning. Reduce integration cost and ensure image quality.
• High modularity - Extension and distribution modules easily integrated like building blocks. Simple to build customized topologies.
• VESA compliant - Mounting using standard display mounting mechanics. Easy and secured installation.
• Warranty: 3 Years
* Available via integration with Management Gateway.