Copyright © 2017 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
The IOGEAR PS/2 KVM console extender allows access to a computer system or a KVM switch from a remote console (keyboard, monitor, and mouse), from up to 500 feet away, via a CAT-5e cable.
This unit is perfect for moving the console away from the computer or the KVM switch. Your console can be moved across the room or hall, out of the server room, or anywhere that is most convenient. It is also useful for security and monitoring purposes, where you can have the system unit in a secure area at the same time that you put the console in the most convenient location for user access and monitoring.
A PS/2 KVM console extender is a cost effective solution because it uses inexpensive UTP (CAT5e) cabling to extend the distance, versus expensive and bulky coaxial cabling. It is easy to install and operate because of the Auto Signal Compensation (ASC) technology, which senses the distance and adjusts the signal levels accordingly so there is no need to do any DIP switch setting.
Features and Benefits
• Allows remote access of up to 500-feet away via CAT-5e cable
• Auto Signal Compensation (ASC) helps make installation easy, with no need to configure DIP switches
• Dual console operation - control your system from both the local and remote keyboards, mice, and monitors
• Easy to use - push button selection between local and remote consoles
• Plug-n-Play – no need to install any software driver
• High video resolution - up to 1280 x 1024
• Supports VGA, SVGA, and Multisync monitors
• Local monitor supports DDC; DDC2; DDC2B
• 1 KVM Extender Local Unit
• 1 KVM Extender Remote Unit
• 1 KVM Cable
• 2 Power Adapters
• 1 User Manual
• 1 Warranty/Registration Card