Copyright © 2017 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
EXT-CAT5-1600HD: Extends a single-link DVI-D monitor and USB 2.0 peripherals
using CAT-5 cables, up to 200 feet away from your computer at 1920x1200
• USB 2.0
Extend DVI video and USB 2.0 peripherals with the Gefen CAT5-1600HD KVM extender using two CAT-6a cables. It is capable of distances of up to 200 feet at 1920x1200 @ 60Hz, or up to 150 feet using CAT-5e cables.
The unit includes a built-in 4-port USB 2.0 hub located on the Receiver unit and gives complete computer access control at the remote location.
The Gefen CAT5-1600HD is HDCP 1.4 compliant, enabling the viewing of protected content on the remote extended display.
The Gefen CAT5-1600HD supports digital DVI-D only, not analog DVI-A. Sources and connecting cables must be DVI-D compatible.
USB 1.1 is also supported.
How it Works
Connect the DVI and USB computer ports to the Sender unit. Connect the remote display and computer peripherals to the Receiver unit. Two CATx cables (for the DVI and for the USB 2.0) extensions connect the Sender and the Receiver units together. Power up the units, and a crisp picture will appear on the display.
Features and Benefits
• Extends any DVI compliant device up to 200 feet (60 meters) from the computer at 1920x1200
• DVI is transmitted in digitally for zero signal loss over CATx cable
• Supports video resolutions up to 1080p and 1920x1200
• HDCP 1.4 compliant for viewing of copy-protected video content (e.g., Blu-ray)
• Supports DDWG standard for DVI compliant monitors
• Supports legacy USB 1.1 devices
• Includes rack ears
(1) CAT5-1600HD Sender unit
(1) CAT5-1600HD Receiver unit
(1) 6 foot DVI to DVI cable
(1) 6 foot USB 2.0 cable
(2) 5V power supplies with locking power connectors
(1) Set of rack ears
(1) User's manual