Copyright © 2018 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
DVN-16PROS: 16-port DVI-D KVM switch
with USB 2.0 device sharing, stereo audio, full USB keyboard and mouse emulation, RS-232 control, EDID support, and optional IR and TCP/IP control
With Smart-AVI's DVN-16Pro KVM switch, a user can now manage up to 16 computers through a single DVI-D monitor, USB keyboard & mouse, a single set of speakers and USB 2.0 device sharing.
USB emulation technology utilized by DVN-16Pro enables immediate hotkey source switching through a USB keyboard and mouse.
DVN-16Pro uses single link connectors providing high resolutions of up to 1920x1200 with zero pixel loss from TMDS signal correction.
Source Switching Made Easy
DVN-16Pro provides a simplified management approach up to 16 computers with DVI-D, audio and USB 2.0 outputs. This dynamic KVM console can be controlled remotely from easily accessible keyboard hotkeys or RS-232 communication channel commands, as well as directly through the console's easy to read front panel.
EDID Learning and Programming
Detection of DDC signals for all attached devices is effortless with DVN-16Pro due to its EDID learning and programming. This is vital in optimizing the resolution of the selected graphics card to properly display on the remote monitor. Furthermore, the DDC learning feature continues to replicate the correct EDID for the computer to enable the display card to effectively work when unused ports are not selected.
Full USB Keyboard and Mouse Emulation
The USB keyboard and mouse emulation utilized by DVN-16Pro provides accurate and quick source switching by means of keyboard hotkeys. DVN-16Pro imitates the presence of a keyboard and mouse for every attached computer through its USB cable. This is essential as it simulates the existence of the keyboard and mouse to all the computers when switching out of circuit.
DVN-16Pro has a broad range of applications, but the main function of this KVM switch is to centralize the access of several computers into one comprehensive PC. Not only does it function as a KVM console, it also supports full USB keyboard and mouse emulation plus audio and USB 2.0 switching. This allows a user to control various USB 2.0 devices that would otherwise be unavailable with conventional KVM devices. For example, it allows a user to use sophisticated USB devices such as printers, cameras, and scanners without having to directly plug into the remote computer.
DVN-16Pro is a perfect solution for the medical or industrial field for instance, where it may not be practical or safe to have one or more CPUs in the general vicinity. Other applications may include:
• Server Collocation
• Control Rooms
• Digital Signage
• Audio/Visual Presentations
• Shopping Centers
• Dealer Rooms
• RS-232: Any external device or program supporting RS-232 can control the DVN-16Pro. The DVN-16Pro uses a very simple protocol, that enables easy integration with other devices.
• USB Keyboard: Hot keys enable the user to switch and control all the different functions of the KVM system.
• IR: Infrared remote control enables integration and control of the KVM switch.
• TCP/IP: SMTCP-2 is a SmartAVI optional TCP/IP converter that enables users to switch and control the DVN-16Pro control from anywhere in the world using a LAN or WAN connection.
Flexibility is key with the DVN-16Pro. It enables control of connected computers through independent switching of KVM and peripheral USB and audio ports. Users can listen to audio from one computer while accessing the hard drive of another and scanning a document from another. DVN-16Pro maintains the ability to switch all connected devices to anyone of the computer sources as with any other KVM switch.
Features and Benefits
• Supports Windows, Mac, Linux, and Sun DVI-D
• Source switching through USB keyboard and mouse emulation hotkeys
• Supports High Resolution 1920x1200 60Hz WUXGA
• Front panel tactile switch with LCD display for local control
• Universal DVI Single Link connectors
• Zero pixel loss with TMDS signal correction
• Supports all USB 2.0 Devices
• Balanced stereo audio output
• RS-232 commands for remote control
• Continuous DDC learning and correcting
• Automatically recognizes keyboard settings from previous use
• Constant USB keyboard and mouse driver support for selected and unselected ports
1x DVN-16PRO switch
1x PS5VD4A power supply