Copyright © 2017 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
4-port USB DVI-D KVMP multi-view management center
CM1164 4-port USB DVI-D KVMP control center charts a revolutionary new direction in KVM switch functionality by combining a 4-port DVI-D switch with a 2-port USB hub, and providing the following display modes:
• Quad view mode, which simultaneously displays four digital computers/video sources on a single screen
• Picture in Picture mode (dual, triple or quad)
• Full screen mode
There are many ways to control and switch between computers/video sources – simply select which source you want to view on the console display by these convenient access methods:
• Front panel pushbuttons
• IR remote control
• On-Screen Display (OSD) or
• Hotkey combinations entered from the console keyboard
CM1164 allows users to access 4 computers/devices from a single console, consisting of a USB keyboard, USB mouse and DVI-D monitor. As USB hub, it permits each computer to access connected peripherals on a one-computer-at-a-time basis. CM1164's independent switching feature allows the KVM focus to be one computer while the USB peripheral focus is on another. There is no need to purchase a separate USB hub, as well as separate stand-alone peripheral sharers.
CM1164 further improves on previous designs with DVI-D connectors, and the transfer of keyboard and mouse data to the computers via a fast, reliable USB connection. As with the USB peripherals, the audio focus can be independent of the KVM focus.
A Daisy Chain Control (DCC) port allows a user to connect and control up to four CM1164 units via a single console. This enables the use of only one keyboard/mouse over several computers or another CM1164.This is convenient for growing networks that need to monitor and manage more computers – daisy chain up to four units and switch between up to 16 computers/video sources.
Setup is fast and easy. Simply plug cables into their appropriate ports. There is no software to configure, no installation routines, and no incompatibility problems. Since CM1164 intercepts keyboard input directly, it will work on Microsoft Windows, Linux, Sun and Mac platforms. In addition, the firmware upgrade by USB interface simplifies the process and ensures your CM1164 is up-to-date.
With its unique design and innovative features, CM1164 4-port USB DVI-D KVMP control center provides both style and functionality for a wide range of practical applications, including control rooms, monitoring systems and traffic control centers, as well as process control centers, server rooms, medical industries, broadcasting, production and automation, aircraft and vehicles. In combination with projectors, it is also used in presentations and conference rooms.
Allowing you to switch seamlessly between four DVI-enabled PCs, and share USB peripherals and high-definition audio from a dual-display console, CM1164 is ideal for multimedia applications, and offers the ultimate in space-saving, streamlined KVM technology.
Features and Benefits
• One USB console independently and simultaneously controls four DVI-D computers and two additional USB devices
• Multi-view console controls up to 4 video sources on one screen
• Function control via OSD menu – display mode, port selection, daisy chain, and so on
• Hardware cursor – OSD navigation via console mouse
• DCC (Daisy Chain Control) port enables users to connect up to four CM1164 units, and use one console keyboard/mouse to manage computers or another CM1164
• Video DynaSync™ – exclusive ATEN technology eliminates boot-up display problems and optimizes resolution when switching between ports
• 2-port USB 2.0 hub built in, fully compliant with USB 2.0 specification
• Computer selection via front panel push buttons, hotkeys, IR Remote Control and OSD (with mouse* function enabled)
• Console mouse port emulation/bypass feature that supports most mouse drivers and multifunction mice***
• Console keyboard emulation /bypass feature that support most multimedia keyboards***
• Independent switching for USB peripheral port, audio function, and KVM switch focus
• Power on detection
• Auto scan feature
• Multiplatform support – Windows, Linux, Mac and Sun
• Keyboard and mouse support emulation and bypass
• Superior video quality – up to 1920x1200 resolution
• Multilingual keyboard mapping-Supports English, Japanese, and French keyboards
• Full bass response provides a rich experience for 2.1 channel audio
• Mac/Sun keyboard support and emulation**
• Upgradeable firmware through computers' USB port
1x CM1164 4-port USB DVI-D KVMP Control Center
4x Custom KVM Cable Sets (1x Single Link DVI-D; 1x USB 2.0 2x 2.1 audio; 5.9 foot long)
1x IEC320 Power Cord
1x IR Remote Control
1x User Instructions
* For 3-key USB wheel mouse only
** PC keyboard combinations emulate Mac/Sun keyboards; Mac/Sun keyboards only work with their own computers
*** The USB keyboard and mouse console ports on CM1164's rear panel will only support a USB keyboard and mouse