Copyright © 2018 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
16-port KVM over IP switch with 1 local and 1 remote user access
Note: This product is approaching its end of life (EOL) and is available while supplies last. Sale is final - this item is not eligible for returns.
ATEN's KN series KVM over IP switches allow local console access and remote over IP access for operators to monitor and access their entire data center over a network using a web-based browser. In addition, they offer out-of-band access with external modem support for BIOS-level troubleshooting when the network is down.
To help you manage and control an entire data center, ATEN's KVM over IP switches support blade servers and chassis. With powerful features such as Power Association – KVM ports can be associated with ATEN's PDU power outlets for power management of servers from the KVM over IP switches user interface.
KN series KVM over IP switches now support Control Center Video Session Recorder (CCVSR) software. The CCVSR records all operations made on servers accessed through KN series KVM over IP switches. Every operation and change from the BIOS level to logging in, from running software applications to configuring the operating system- is recorded and saved to a secure video file as evidence, without exception.
The Virtual Media function lets you map to storage media on USB, hard disk and DVD/CD drives located on remote servers – allowing administrators to conduct file transfers, install applications, run OS updates, or perform diagnostics across a network with ease.
Enhanced capabilities of KN series KVM over IP switches also include: a Message Board, Panel Array Mode™, Mouse DynaSync™, Adapter ID and Secure Serial Server Access. The secure access to serial-controlled devices includes network equipment, UNIX servers, Linux servers, Sun servers and many more serial consoles. It provides installation without needing expensive serial dongles.
With dual on-board NICs and dual power supplies, KN series KVM over IP switches are built for reliability, to ensure 24/7 availability of remote access to all server room computers.
With ATEN's KN series KVM over IP switches IT administrators can manage their server rooms and data centers from practically anywhere – minimizing travel costs and MTTR (Mean Time to Repair) – ensuring the highest availability of data center services possible.
• High port density – RJ-45 connectors for up to 16 ports in a 1U housing
• Laptop USB Console (LUC) - A dedicated USB port directly connects to a laptop for easy Console operation
• Simultaneously share access to one local console and one remote user
• Two 10/100/1000 Mbps NICs for redundant LAN or two IP operation
• Blade server support
• Supports PS/2, USB, Sun Legacy (13W3) and serial (RS-232) connectivity
• Local console provides PS/2 and USB keyboard and mouse support
• Supports multiplatform server environments: Windows, Mac, Sun, • Linux and VT100 based serial devices
• Audio enabled
• Virtual Media support lets you map DVD-CD-ROMs and other storage media to a remote server
• Dual Power Supply
• High video resolution - up to 1600x1200 @ 60Hz (130 feet with KA7000 series dongles); 1920x1200* @ 60Hz (100 feet for local and remote sessions)
• Monitor and control up to 16 computers on a single level, or control up to 256 computers in a two-level cascade**.
• Up to 64 user accounts - up to 32 users simultaneously share the control
• End session feature - administrators can terminate running sessions
• Event logging and Windows-based Log Server support
• Critical system event notification via SMTP email; SNMP trap and Syslog support
• Firmware upgradeable
• Out-of-Band Access-Modem dial-in/dial out/dial back support
• Adapter ID Function: Stores port information allowing administrators to relocate the servers to different ports,without having to re-configure the adapters and switches
• Port Share Mode allows multiple users to gain access to a server simultaneously
• Integration with ALTUSEN CC2000 Management software
• Power Association enables the switch's KVM ports to be associated with an ATEN/ALTUSEN'S • PDUs power outlets for remote power management of the servers from the switch's interface
• Power Over the NET™ integration for remote power control, plus support for 3rd party power distribution units (PDUs)
• Manage browser access methods (Browser, http, https)
• IPv6 capable
• Local Console, browser-based, and AP GUIs offer a unified multilanguage interface to minimize the user training time and increase productivity
• Multiplatform client support (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Sun)
• Multi-browser support: Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape
• Browser-based UI in pure Web technology allows administrators to perform administrative tasks without pre-installed Java software package required
• Magic Panel - a special hideaway control panel with configurable function icon
• Full-screen or sizable and scalable Virtual Remote Desktop
• Panel Array Mode available to both local console operators and remote access users
• Keyboard/Mouse Broadcast - keyboard and mouse inputs can be duplicated on all the attached servers
• Video syncing with the local console - local console monitor's EDID information stored on the KVM Adapter Cables for display resolution optimization
• Remote authentication support: RADIUS, LDAP, LDAPS, and MS Active Directory
• Supports SSL 128-bit data encryption and RSA 1024-bit certificates to secure users log in from browser
• Flexible encryption design allows users to choose any combination of 56-bit DES, 168-bit 3DES, 256-bit AES, 128-bit RC4, or Random for independent KB/Mouse, video, and virtual media data encryption
• IP/MAC Filter for enhanced security protection
• Configurable user and group permissions for server access and control
• Automated CSR creation utility and third party CA certificate authentication
• Virtual media enables file applications, OS patching, software installation and diagnostic testing
• Works with USB enabled servers in operating system and BIOS level
• Support DVD/CD drives, USB mass storage devices, PC hard drives and ISO images
Virtual Remote Desktop
• Video quality and video tolerance can be adjusted to optimize data transfer speed; monochrome color depth setting, threshold and noise settings for compression of the data bandwidth in low bandwidth situations
Full screen video display or scalable video display
• Message Board for communication among remote users
• Mouse DynaSync™ - automatically synchronizes the local and remote mouse movements
• Keyboard pass through support
• Exit Macros support
• On-screen keyboard with multilanguage support
• BIOS-level access
Laptop USB console (LUC)
A dedicated USB port directly connects to your Laptop for easy console operation.
Used in conjunction with ATEN/ALTUSEN PDUs power management device, you can associate a KVM over IP Switch's port with a PDU's power outlet, and then manage the power operation of a server from the switch's interface – a single interface point. It also enables you to associate a second outlet port if the server has a dual power supply, and lets you synchronize the operation for both power supplies. In this way, Power Association reduces maintenance time and increases management efficiency.
Blade server support
Support for blade server associations with KVM switch ports allows the blade server chassis and individual blades to be integrated into the sidebar tree view and accessed easily.
Improved SNMP trap
Monitor the critical events on your system and customize the settings according to your needs. Logged events are divided into categories providing clear and complete information to administrators.
Dual IP/dual power
Dual IP/ Dual Power supply operation provides the backup redundancy, and reliability. Should one of the IP or one of the power supplies become unavailable, the other will take over in order to keep the system functioning normally.
A special hideaway control panel with configurable function icon enables you to control and manage the servers more convenient.
Ease-to-use user interface
A user-friendly, intuitive, GUI provides convenient, access, configuration and operation. Local Console , browser-based and AP GUIs offer a unified multilanguage interface to minimize user training time and increase productivity.
Virtual remote desktop
The remote desktop can appear full-screen or as a window with a flexible scaling video display. Advanced features such as the Message Board, Mouse DynaSync™, Virtual Media, and Keyboard Pass Through, create a Virtual Remote Desktop that allows users to operate servers from remote locations just as if they were actually at the local site.
With enhanced fps throughput for crisp responsive video display, the switches offer resolutions of up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz.*
Configurable network bandwidth settings
A Network setting is provided that allows you to streamline data throughput by adjusting the size of the data stream (bandwidth) to match network traffic conditions. Video performance can be adjusted so that data throughput is optimized for the available network bandwidth. With high speed LAN access, the network setting can be adjusted so that a greater amount of video information is sent, resulting in a higher quality video display. In a limited bandwidth situation, the network setting can be adjusted so that net lag is minimized.
Automatically synchronizes the local and remote mouse movements for perfect alignment of mouse pointers, regardless of server mouse acceleration settings.
Panel array mode
Panel array mode permits simultaneous monitoring of the video output of the installations' servers. Operators can monitor the screen display of multiple servers for real-time server monitoring.
To alleviate the problem of access conflicts arising from multiple logins, the Message Board functions like an Internet chat program, allowing users who are logged in to instantly communicate with each other.
The Adapter ID Function stores port information such as the Adapter ID, OS, keyboard language, adapter name, operation modes, and etc. This enables administrators to relocate the servers to different ports, without having to reconfigure the adapters and the switches.
Virtual Media support lets you map DVD/CD-ROMs and other storage media to a remote server. This function allows you to conduct file transfers, application and OS patches, and diagnostics remotely.
Remote management of KVM and serial devices
Combined access fit for data centers and computer rooms with system racks containing both KVM and serial controlled devices.
Secure serial server access
Supports secure access to serial-controlled devices including network equipment, UNIIX servers, Linux servers, Sun servers and many more. Plus ATEN's secure serial server access provides installation without needing expensive serial dongles.
1x KN1116v KVM over IP Switch
2x SA0142 Serial Adapters (RJ45-F to DB9-M; DTE to DCE)
2x Power Cords
1x Laptop USB Console Cable
1x Rack Mount Kit
1x Foot Pad Set (4 pcs.)
1x User Instructions
* 1920x1200 (Reduced blanking) only supported by KA7175, KA7176, and KA7177
** Cascade-compatible KVM switches include the following: CS9134, CS9138, CS88A, KH1508, KH1516, KH1508A, and KH1516A