Copyright © 2018 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
X2-KVM/P-US: Extended PS/2-VGA KVM and serial control of a PC or a KVM switch
over 1,000 feet of UTP cable
AdderLink X2 extends very high quality VGA video, PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse and transparent RS232 up to 1000 feet over Category 5 or higher cable.
A major improvement offered by the AdderLink X2 is the increased distance over which video can be transmitted and the very high resolutions that can be achieved at these distances. Industry leading resolutions of 1600 x 1200 are achievable at 650 feet and 1280x1024 at 1000 feet.
DDC circuits are also fitted to enable the computer to query the monitor so that the video card can be optimally configured. Without this circuitry, some well known high performance video cards cannot be used at high resolutions. AdderLink X2 extender also features transparent serial ports that enable a wide range of serial devices to be connected at baud rates up to 57,600.
Features and Benefits
• Video performance - Industry leading resolutions of 1600x1200 are achievable at 200m (650ft) and 1280x1024 at 300m (1000ft).
• Video compensation - AdderLink X2 applies a high level of signal compensation that allows for a greatly increased range of very smooth and fine adjustments.
• Emulated DDC - Unless an extender actively supports DDC some well-known high performance video cards cannot be used at high resolutions. The AdderLink X2 fully supports DDC.
• Rack options - Both transmitter and receiver units can be used stand-alone or up to 16 units can be mounted into a 2U chassis.
• Local (computer-end) unit
• Remote (KVM console-end) unit
• 6-feet long computer interface cable
• Computer serial interface cable
• IEC style power supply and power cord
• Safety and installation leaflet
• CD manual, stick on rubber feet.
Note: X-Series rack panels are not included and need to be purchased separately as required.