Copyright © 2017 KVMGalore® - All rights reserved.
VP-470: 3G HD-SDI ProScale™ digital scaler
• Multi-Standard SDI, HD-SDI and 3G HD-SDI
• Looping Input
• Selectable Output Size and Aspect Ratio
• Built-In ProcAmp Features
• Controls - Front panel with OSD
• Size - MegaTOOLS™
• Audio - E
VP-470 is a high-performance digital scaler for 3G HD-SDI signals. It up- or down-scales the incoming SDI signal to resolutions up to 1080p and routes it to two identical SDI outputs.
VP-470 is ideal for use in broadcast applications. The output of VP-470 can be used to feed a production switcher, edit suite, or router in a television studio. It can take the feed from a satellite receiver and scale it before it is sent out live over the air. In production, it can scale camera feeds coming in from the field before ingesting the footage into a video server.
VP-470 has one SDI input and looping output for a local monitor on BNC connectors to accept an SD, HD or 3G SDI signal. Its input automatically detects the incoming signal format. Supported formats include SMPTE standards 259M (SDI), 292M (HD-SDI) and 424 M (3G HD-SDI). VP-470 simultaneously outputs the scaled signal to two active outputs on BNC connectors.
VP-470 supports output resolutions of 480i @59.94Hz, 576i @50Hz, 720p @50/59.94/60 Hz, 1080i @50/59.94/60Hz, 1080p @23.98/24/25/29.97/30Hz and 1080p @50/59.94/60Hz.
VP-470 features a built-in proc amp that can adjust the brightness, contrast, and color of the output signal. These picture can be conveniently adjusted via the on-screen display (OSD) of VP-470, accessed by the front panel buttons. Also included on the front panel is a button for image freeze. These settings are stored in non-volatile memory that retains the last settings used.
VP-470 also has selectable output aspect ratio settings of Full (default), 16:9, 16:10, 4:3 or Best Fit and it has the ability to turn over-scan on or off.
VP-470 features an external 5V DC power source, making it suitable for field operation and it is housed in a compact Kramer MegaTOOLS™ enclosure.
Features and Benefits
• Max. Data Rate - 3Gbps.
• HDTV Compatible.
• Multi-Standard Operation - SDI (SMPTE 259M), HD-SDI (SMPTE 292M) and 3G HD-SDI (SMPTE 424M).
• Looping Input - Reclocked and equalized.
• Selectable Output Size and Aspect Ratio - Full, panscan, letterbox, underscan and overscan settings.
• Built-In ProcAmp Features - Color hue, sharpness, contrast and brightness.
• Freeze Button.
• Non-Volatile Memory - Saves final settings.
• USB Port - For firmware upgrade.
• Controls - Front panel buttons with OSD (on screen display).
• Compact MegaTOOLS™ - 2 units can be rack mounted side-by-side in a 1U rack space with the optional RK-T2B universal rack adapter.
• Projection systems in conference rooms, boardrooms, hotels and churches.
• Home theater up-scaling.