32-Port, Dual AC-Power, Secure Serial-Console Server with Two Local Console Ports.
Dominion® SX is a secure console-port server/switch providing 24/7, out-of-band control of serial devices locally and remotely via SSH/Telnet, Web browser and optional modem access from anywhere in the world.
Easy to install, simple to use, secure and scalable, Dominion SX provides one point of access and control to manage users, serial servers and other IT devices such as:
• Servers & Headless Servers: Sun® Solaris™, Sun Cobalt™, HP-UX, UNIX®, Linux® Servers, IBM®/AIX Servers, Windows™ 2003 Servers
• WAN Equipment: ISDN Terminal Adapters, Channel Banks, CSU/DSU, PBS/PABX
• Networking Equipment: Routers, Ethernet Switches, Ethernet Load Balancers
• Power Control: All serially controlled power strips and UPS
With Dominion SX, you can:
• Add new layers of security to protect your network against intrusion and brute-force attacks.
• Optimize and troubleshoot networks via proactive event notification and data logs
• Restore network connectivity and server operation via out-of-band direct serial or dial-up access (built-in modems are available on select models)
• Troubleshoot, maintain and manage remote locations 24/7 from a single location, minimizing travel costs
Integrated with CommandCenter™ Secure Gateway
centralized enterprise control solution, multiple Dominion SXs can be aggregated for one enterprise view.
• Increased Memory - Port buffer of 256KB allows expanded logging storage of local events and alerts (80 pages of content). Users now will be sure to have any events that have occurred while they are not connected to the device.
• Intelligent Auto Failover (Dual LAN models) - On all dual LAN models, the administrator can enable failover to the second LAN port. One or two IP addresses may be used. Either LAN connection can be used as the access port to the Dominion SX.
• Cross-platform Hardware Independence - Allows connection of multiple disparate servers running SUN® Solaris™, HP-UX, AIX, Linux®, Windows® Server 2003, and UNIX® servers as well as serial devices to a single Dominion SX – making it perfect for situations where a range of equipment is needed, which is common in remote locations.
• Full-featured Firewall - User selectable and customizable system security levels catering to wide range of user needs for security.
• Man In The Middle (MITM) Attack Mitigation - Enhanced security of communication channels by using client and server SSL certificates.
• Support for Kerberos Authentication/Authorization - Support provided for the RADIUS, LDAP, TACACS+, Kerberos V.5 and Active Directory®; Primary and secondary servers are supported.
• SecureID Support - SecureID is supported via RADIUS for added security.
Ease of Use
• HTML Implementation - Reduces the time to load the Java applet in a browser implementation to less than one minute.
• Full Modern CLI GUI Equivalence - Improved usability, with command completion and history. CLI admin has the same functionality as the GUI, thereby allowing scripting of any command.
• Easy to Install - Installation in less than 3 minutes, with just a Web browser or a VT100 terminal (or equivalent). Some competitive products require burdensome editing of multiple files to complete a basic installation.
• IPMI Support - Improved system performance monitoring and management. Allows for discovery and management of IPMI-enabled servers.
• SecureChat Instant Messaging - Allows encrypted instant messaging for online collaboration with other authorized browser users and maximizes the effectiveness of a distributed workforce. Reduces time to resolve problems and allows multiperson troubleshooting. Also supports training needs.
• Comprehensive SNMP Traps - Extensive SNMP traps allow for various alerts e.g., authentication failures, port connections and disconnections and many other events of interest to the system administrators.
CommandCenter Secure Gateway Integration
• Extensible - When deployed with CommandCenter Secure Gateway, thousands of Dominion SX devices can be managed with centralized authentication and authorization.
• Easy Firmware Upgrades - Simplifies firmware updates via CommandCenter Secure Gateway. Administrators can schedule firmware upgrades for one or more SX devices.
• Single IP Address for Administration and Target Connection - Administrators and users can connect to one IP address with one login via CommandCenter Secure Gateway to manage the SX or the targets. This connection can be via browser or through SSH. Only Raritan allows direct SSH connection to the aggregator.
• GUI Power Control - Raritan power control units (RPCU) can be connected to each serial port on a Dominion SX. For servers/equipment that have multiple power feeds, multiple power outlets can be associated together to switch equipment on or off with a single click of the mouse.